Chefs Table. Tell me about your experience

kittysnme

I'm sorry that I don't save links to all of the dozens of reviews I read here on Cruise Critic. All I can tell you is that I have seen MULTIPLE posters review the Chef's Table since my 2013 cruise on the Paradise, and I have seen two CT menus that are different than the one I experienced since that time. You can choose to believe me or not, but that is what I have seen ON THIS VERY BOARD.

It is not that I don't believe you, but you effectively called me a liar! :confused:

Everyone has different experiences on each cruise and some ships DO vary from the norm. Rather than say something is not true, maybe say something like, check this different menu out!! :) And then provide some kind of proof?:confused:

At any rate I see that there is a MENU CHANGE posted above, a welcome change , at least for me and a few of my fellow PAX.:)

Edited by jwjax

, maybe say something like, check this different menu out!! :) And then provide some kind of proof?:confused:

At any rate I see that there is a MENU CHANGE posted above, a welcome change , at least for me and a few of my fellow PAX.:)

If you do a google image search you can see some menu difference.

In 2013 &2014 you had Salmon and Cornish game hen : http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalSunshineBloggers/chef_table/cheftable1.jpg

In 2015 you have Sea Bass and Crab stacks:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e229/joenosay/Chefs%20table%20menu%20001_zpsplpz8hkc.jpg

Then you have the new Vista Menu that's piloting.

We have done the Chef's table 5 times and I can't remember them doing the same menu

more then one time. I think the experience is better then many shore excursion we have done and much cheaper.

If you do a google image search you can see some menu difference.

In 2013 &2014 you had Salmon and Cornish game hen : http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalSunshineBloggers/chef_table/cheftable1.jpg

In 2015 you have Sea Bass and Crab stacks:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e229/joenosay/Chefs%20table%20menu%20001_zpsplpz8hkc.jpg

Then you have the new Vista Menu that's piloting.

Thanks! You made my point exactly! :) While, I didn't do a "Google" search of the topic, the poster "agp_mzk", should have. A reference to these links would have been nice, instead of "agp_mzk" just stating that my statements were false?:confused:

Although, and I will have to re-check my copies of the menus, I think, we had the same menu in 2014 (or late 2013) that we had in May 2016? It could have a preview or pilot as you say. :) Or the subtle change in the menu eluded us due to the wine??:D:D

At any rate, it appears that there is a major menu change coming soon to the fleet, if the pilot goes well on the Vista.

Water under the bridge as they say....."move on, these aren't the Droids you are looking for" :)

Hi, I've never done the Chef's Table. Can you tell me about your experience and what you enjoyed most and least. Thank you in advance for sharing.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Sorry for my foray into the unknown about menus for the CT!

If you have never attended a Chef's Table, by all means try it!:)

As I said, the galley dining experience is not as pleasant as the other venues, the library, lounges, conference rooms etc. But, the food is still the experience, and that is why most people attend the CT!:)

Enjoy!

we enjoyed the location in the galley. I don't think it would have been near as entertaining if it was held elsewhere. It was a little loud but had no issue hearing the chef.

The host for ours was the head (executive?) chef. We enjoyed the experience.

I have done the chef's table many times. And yes, the menu has changed over the years, but given there are 7 course, you still have a fish, beef, chicken/duck, soup, salad type courses.

I enjoy the dinner each cruise. It is delicious artistry.

The only downer (for me) was our Carnival Dream cruise. They have the meal in the galley. It was very noisy (even with a microphone) and could not hear the Chef. forget any conversation with the other diners. Additionally, I was quite worried about the servers going by with heavy trays over our heads. Lastly, we were rushed through the courses and were done in under 2 hours. Now, I just inquire when making the reservation if the meal is held in a private dining room or in the galley.

I have done the chef's table many times. And yes, the menu has changed over the years, but given there are 7 course, you still have a fish, beef, chicken/duck, soup, salad type courses.

I enjoy the dinner each cruise. It is delicious artistry.

The only downer (for me) was our Carnival Dream cruise. They have the meal in the galley. It was very noisy (even with a microphone) and could not hear the Chef. forget any conversation with the other diners. Additionally, I was quite worried about the servers going by with heavy trays over our heads. Lastly, we were rushed through the courses and were done in under 2 hours. Now, I just inquire when making the reservation if the meal is held in a private dining room or in the galley.

Ditto!......

Good point about asking about location. Inquire about the location of the CT before booking!:) Although there are mixed opinions on this subject, everyone has their preference for the experience!:)

Ditto!......

Good point about asking about location. Inquire about the location of the CT before booking!:) Although there are mixed opinions on this subject, everyone has their preference for the experience!:)

I enjoyed the CT on the Breeze last year. It was held in the galley but at the end of it with an area right behind it designed to prepare the different dishes. It was not noisy since it was far from the clattering of dishes. The other 3 CTs I attended were held in the library and quite nice too.

I try to do each menu once and can't wait to see if the new one will be out on the Sensation next month.

My wife and I will be on the Conquest 1/21/17. Can someone tell me how I can get registered for the chefs table dinner ???

Go to Carnival.com, log in and under the same page as your booking number, you will see "Specialty Dining Reservations". Click on it and fill in the blanks. You will eventually get a confirmation via e-mail. It might take a while for them to respond.

Hi, I've never done the Chef's Table. Can you tell me about your experience and what you enjoyed most and least. Thank you in advance for sharing.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

GREAT!! Five times, 4 ships. Well worth the money even if you do not drink wine.

It looks like I am the rare one. We did the Chef's table in 2014 on the Inspiration I believe. I can look that up. I did not think the value was there. There was plenty of wine, but I don't drink much. The food was less that expected. The taste was just average. I really expected more.

Also eating the hors d'oeuvres standing in a walk way in the galley was not very restful or the first glass of wine served there. I won't do it again.

We first enjoyed the Chef's Table a few years ago on the Victory out of San Juan. It was served in the library and we enjoyed the whole experience very much. The second time we were with family on the Conquest. The meal was served in a private room off of the MDR. The food was good, it was the same menu, but the ambiance was not the same. We were also tired after a long day sailing and snorkeling around BVI. We are planning to try again on our upcoming Freedom cruise. I've used the online request form twice over the past 8 weeks and have yet to get a reply.

Has anyone who has done Chef's Table had the Cheers package? If so, two questions for you:

Do the glasses of wine count toward your 15 drink limit?

Will they bring you cocktails other than wine to be charged to your S&S card (which of course would go toward your daily limit)?

Just curious about the first question mostly and I ask the 2nd question because I don't typically like to drink more than a glass or two of wine in a sitting - it tends to give me a headache, which other beverages do not have the same effect.

Doing Chef's Table for the first time on our Nov. 2017 Vista cruise! Can't wait!

Thanks,

Misty

Did CT with Cheers. Glasses of wine don't count towards the limit. As I recall, the wine paired very nicely, but a gentleman at our table did ask for a beer (not cheers) and was given one, not sure if they charged him or did it gratis. It was a Coors or something, guy didn't care for wine. His wife fussed at him for mentioning it but the CT servers were very anxious to please! We did CT on a day we'd been at Grand Turk and not done much (not beach people) off ship so we still got our money's worth with Cheers.