Summit Cabin 7080

vmontell26

Hi. We are cruising the Summit out of San Juan for New Years. Our travel agent booked us into 7080 (it is a balcony 2A which is supposed to be mid-ship)as she said this is a great room. I am traveling with my sister who is prone to motion sickness and she is concerned that this room although technically mid-ship is too far forward (on the deck plan it is the first room that they consider mid after the forward rooms).

I have looked through the M-Class cabin info and cannot find the info I need. I am looking for some feedback from those that have sailed in this room as to the amount of motion we might expect while in our room. I realize that everything depends on how rough the seas are and we will have to take that into account. We are just hoping for some info to help us make an informed decision on whether to move rooms or stay put.

Thanks!

Some of the worst weather we've had on a ship was in the Caribbean so although that's unusual, it can happen. In 21 cruises, it's the only time our son got seasick (including sailing on a small yacht in rough seas).

While that cabin is a little far forward, the extra space on the balcony is really nice. I haven't had a forward-ish cabin on this Celebrity particular ship, so maybe someone can post their experience in that location?

I can tell you from our recent experience that the Summit "rides" really smoothly compared to other cruise lines' ships. We were all the way aft where more movement is expected and we were shocked at how little we felt even in moderate seas. I think the waves were around 8'-10' and we had some wind (which tends to affect movement more than waves sometimes).

Just make sure that the person who has the seasickness problem takes Bonine well before the ship leaves port.

Edited by DrivesLikeMario
left out a word!