Electrical power bars in staterooms

graysonman

My wife and I are heading to Alaska on the Infinity in 2 weeks. Just wondering about whether we can take a power bar or a plug in receptacle extension (I have one that has 3 outlets on it). I saw on the celebrity website that electrical extension chords are not permitted. Does this include power bars or plug in extensions? Are they really picky about taking these items on board? Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks!

My wife and I are heading to Alaska on the Infinity in 2 weeks. Just wondering about whether we can take a power bar or a plug in receptacle extension (I have one that has 3 outlets on it). I saw on the celebrity website that electrical extension chords are not permitted. Does this include power bars or plug in extensions? Are they really picky about taking these items on board? Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks!

Heck no. They're picky because they are responsible for any electrical hazards.

You're on vacation-do you really have so much gear that it must be always charging?

Finally, advice should not be taken from us in this matter-it won't do any good legally whatever we say when you are boarding or having your gear scanned; the only thing you should do is contact Celebrity through social media, such as Twitter or customer service email.. This way you have a written record of the response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can only tell you about two different experiences, both on the same ship out of the same port. Boarding the Summit in Bayonne to go to Canada and New England, I was called to the "naughty room" because I had a power strip in my suitcase. The staff member took it to an engineer and said, "it's okay because it has a fuse in it" and gave it to me so that I was able to use it on the cruise.

Seven months later, we boarded the Summit in Bayonne to go to Bermuda. Once again, my suitcase did not arrive so I went to check on it. I was again taken to the same area and was told that my power strip would be confiscated and I could pick it up at the end of the cruise.

I now pack a device that plugs into an outlet and has six USB ports in it. Since that actually serves my needs better, I no longer bother with the power strip.

I now pack a device that plugs into an outlet and has six USB ports in it. Since that actually serves my needs better, I no longer bother with the power strip.

We do the same. We also bring a European plug adapter so we can use the additional outlets if needed.

Mike

If you have a CPAP they will supply an extension cord and the issue with the ship prohibiting them is the surge protector. There have been numerous threads and technical explanations as to why.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If you're in an FV on any of the M-Class ships there's always a power strip either behind the TV in the sitting area or in the cabinet below the TV. Handy if all you need is a couple extra outlets for charging. Of no use for a CPAP. Too far from the bed.

There are instances where one reads that people have brought power boards on board and got away with it and there is a table just after security on disembarkation littered with them. If you can find a way where you don't need one then take it or risk losing it