Wifi in Cozumel

LMB122

For personal security, the worse thing you can do is use free wifi hotspots. Very easy for hackers to break into your accounts and get all the information they desire.

http://www.xcomglobal.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=adwords&utm_campaign=brand&gclid=CIDFuoP4ic4CFQ1ufgodvc4PEA

$14.95 a day for unlimited global wifi. It's secure. Unlimited data. Can be used for wifi calling. Just used it for my 18 day trip to Europe which included an 11 day cruise.

If you dock at the Puerta Maya pier in Cozumel, a store right across the street from the port shopping area offers internet access. It's not free, but it's very inexpensive. I can't remember the exact pricing, but it seems like it is a few dollars for a half hour and maybe $4-5 dollars for an hour. You buy an access code. If you don't use all the time, the access code will work at a later date as well. (We've used the same code on multiple cruises to Cozumel taken months apart).

The store is a two story building with a red facade. Seems like it has a restaurant on the second level - maybe called Chi or something of that sort. You can see the store from the ship; it's very noticeable with its red front. Often, crew members are in there using the internet access. They have computers you can use, or you can connect to their wifi on your own device. We've used them a number of times to quickly check in on the kids back at home.

Another option is to check with your cellular carrier. You may be able to add international data for one month pretty inexpensively, or it may be included in your current package. We use Cricket Wireless, and we have cell and data coverage in Mexico (and some other countries) as part of our normal package.

Finally, depending on what you want to do on wifi, you may consider purchasing Carnival's social media package. You will not have access to email or basic internet surfing, but you can access instagram, facebook, twitter. Imessage also works if you and those you are texting have iphones. It's only $5/day or $25 for a 7 day cruise. We did this on our last cruise so that we could be contacted 24/7 in case of emergency since one of our kids was on a mission trip overseas. We easily communicated with all of our kids (both abroad and in the US) using facebook messenger and imessage.

The store is a two story building with a red facade. Seems like it has a restaurant on the second level - maybe called Chi or something of that sort. You can see the store from the ship; it's very noticeable with its red front.

I had emailed Chi to ask what time they opened as I heard they had free wifi for paying customers, they replied they opened at 8am. We ended up going to the Diamonds International shop at Puerta Maya right off the pier to collect the free trinkets and my wife got caught up browsing for a while that I finally just asked the employee that was helping us if they had wifi and he gave me the password to connect and I was able to call home and check on the kids.