Uber from port to FLL

briternik

Can you book a ride now for Jan 22, 2017, or do you just do it the day you need the ride? Haven't ever had any experience with either, but am thinking that will be the best way to get from POM to a beach hotel in Fort Lauderdale after our cruise.

Can you book a ride now for Jan 22, 2017, or do you just do it the day you need the ride? Haven't ever had any experience with either, but am thinking that will be the best way to get from POM to a beach hotel in Fort Lauderdale after our cruise.

You book the ride with your smart phone when you are ready - after you grab bags and are clear of customs/immigration.

Taxi drivers in Fort Lauderdale are the pits! Rude ,standoffish ,don't speak to you.Given half a chance, they will take you for a ride :( If they think you do not know the area ...look out! We do!

Uber drivers are just regular folks :)

Reader

I agree with this, I got off Oasis Friday, after using Uber the 2 days we spent pre cruise at Ft. Lauderdale, we decided to take the taxi to take us back to the airport from the pier ( NEVER AGAIN!) Exiting the Port, he was flagged by an officer for not having his meter and lights on, and when we got to our final destination,despite his meter reads $14.50 and me adding a $5 tip on top of it, he started arguing that I should pay $25, I can't understand him too well with his accent, and since we were dead tired from debarking and not wanting to make a scene in front of my kids, I decided to let it go. Hard Lesson learned.