Hawaii Crossing 5th Oct.

UK Cruiser2

We are doing this cruise in November and am trying to find a half day trip when we disembark that would drop us off at the international airport as we have a late flight back to the UK, any ideas, I have e.mailed one company but have had no response

Sue

We are doing this cruise in November and am trying to find a half day trip when we disembark that would drop us off at the international airport as we have a late flight back to the UK, any ideas, I have e.mailed one company but have had no response

Sue

Can't help you there Sue. Our cruise is a package with flights from UK. Internal flights L.A. / Vegas. 4 nights in Vegas the 15 night cruise then 2 nights in L.A. before we fly back to UK

I want to thank everyone for their replies; wow I did not think there was that much activity from California to Hawaii; and vice versa. I was stationed at Hickam Air Force Base from 1975-1980; before Honolulu got crowded; and I know the islands pretty well. Have visited the islands many times with my current job. My concern was the crossings; and what to do. Now I see there is quite a lot to do. Or You can just relax and have fun. Do these crossings from Lax and SFO normally sell out? Thanks

I want to thank everyone for their replies; wow I did not think there was that much activity from California to Hawaii; and vice versa. I was stationed at Hickam Air Force Base from 1975-1980; before Honolulu got crowded; and I know the islands pretty well. Have visited the islands many times with my current job. My concern was the crossings; and what to do. Now I see there is quite a lot to do. Or You can just relax and have fun. Do these crossings from Lax and SFO normally sell out? Thanks

I didn't realise it was your post in the first place :);)

Do these crossings from Lax and SFO normally sell out? Thanks

I doubt if anyone can give you a definitive answer but I can share my Hawaii cruise experience from my homeport of LA.

Years ago Princess had more cruises between LA and Hawaii but now with fewer cruises the prices are more expensive. In late 2010 we paid $1,049 for a midship Caribe deck balcony cabin with the larger balcony. Now it's $2,449 sailing at the same time of the year & is sold out 4 months before sailing.

The higher rate (even after factoring inflation) seems to indicate that the cruise is selling well due to more demand than availability. I regularly check for short notice sales closer to sailing & never find any deals. To me that's another indication that Hawaii cruises generally sell out because Princess doesn't need to offer flash sales to have a sold out cruise.

That's merely my experience & I keep checking for a lower price to Hawaii but currently it's staying around $1,500 for the least expensive inside cabin. That's not a bad price for a 15 day cruise but it's much more expensive than before & I can sail coastal or Mexico cruises from LA at a much cheaper per day rate than to Hawaii.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Astro Flyer, My buddy just showed me his Princess Booking Reservation Invoice.

He booked the Dec. 5, 2016, 15 Days Hawaiian Cruise on Star Princess, rt out of LA for a W H O P P I N G $1049.00 and he gets a Guaranty IF. As good as it gets. I'm envious!

He booked the Dec. 5, 2016, 15 Days Hawaiian Cruise on Star Princess, rt out of LA for a W H O P P I N G $1049.00 and he gets a Guaranty IF. As good as it gets. I'm envious!

WOW...he found a great deal and I'm also envious! :D

Currently the cheapest price for 12/5/16 is $1,399 without any perks & our early January 2017 currently begins at $1,499. We got free tips from an earlier promotion when booking in June so that's nearly a $200/pp credit.

Your buddy's experience gives me some hope but not too much only 4 months before my sailing. I'm not obsessively searching for a lower cruise fare but it's always good to save some money. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

That $1049 was what I paid for a mini suite in 2013. [emoji26]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is how I see it. Princess has about 15 Hawaiian cruises out of LA, on different ships. San Francisco has 8 Hawaiian cruises and Vancouver has 2 to Hawaii. More sailings and not always selling out creates sales. I've not seen any great sales out of SF sailings on my last 5 Hawaiian cruises. We'll still cruise regardless.

We went in Oct and had very rough seas and very strong winds the 1st 2 days going and coming, they had to close the pool decks.

Ditto.. You just never know. But I hope we can get luck on our Oct 26th crossing out of LA.. Our last trip to Hawaii was pretty darn chilly the 1st couple days.. And Choppy! Choppy Choppy! It was kind of fun though.. If it doesnt make you sick. :D

Diana, Check out the Nov. 23, Grand SF to Hawaii Board and Bluebelle2010 will welcome you with open arms. She is doing the M&G and I have traveled with them (Carla & Becky) on 4 cruises. They are the B E S T! They have lots of activities planned. Say Hi for me, Stan