Afts and Humps

GCBCKat57

Booked my Adventure 1 year in advanced and there were 4 aft E-1 cabins available. There are still 3 of these available as of this afternoon. Most ships these are the first ones to go. I would try to book as far in advance as possible to make sure that you get the room of choice.

You can always get lucky at the last minute if someone cancels. I have someone in my group for the Mariner in December get a "hump" balcony just this past Saturday-new booking with no waitlist for this type of cabin either.

Guest cruzr44

I have found afts available when I called RC directly. None of the online sites I checked had any listed, not even RC. If you have a certain cruise you are interested in just give them a call and ask if there are any available.:)

I just recently booked a cruise for Nov 2006. This cruise was chosen due to the fact that there was a hump cabin avail. The other dates I had looked into for Oct & Nov there were none of these cabins avail. It is a hit or miss situation. Someone could cancel their cruise when final payment is due & then there could be one of these rooms avail. Just have to keep checking

Dyanna

That is exactly what happened to me! We were originally booked on deck seven in a room VERY close to the front due to the fact that it was the best balcony cabin available at the time. For about 2 months I checked RCCL's website almost daily until finally a mid-hump cabin became available. People cancel all the time for various reasons. I was also told by a RCCL customer service lady that RC updates their site (and adds available cabins) at 11 p.m. each night and also that a lot of people cancel when final payment is due about 2 months prior to the cruise. So just keep looking and I'm sure something will come available.

I have booked them WAY in advance, and late in the game. Right now I see afts available on thanksgiving cruises. ;)

If you absolutely have to have an aft, find it early. If you would like one, but cant get one, book the same catagory, then check everyday. They pop up after final payment is due.:D

Why doesn't RCL show all available cabins on a particular deck that are available instead of just giving you the choice of 4 - 5 in a particular category? Certainly the airlines have figured out how to do this when you pick a seat on an airplane. Just click on an available seat and viola' ...

currently you get a different choice of cabins within the class you choose if you log back on 10 - 15 minutes later. Guess a call to RCL each time would be possible but much more difficult when you check frequently.

If you look at the voyager you see the area that bows out a little (near the middle) this is the HUMP. The cabins are centrally located and the balconies are a little larger that most. ( AFT cabins across the back of the ship have balconies even larger than hump cabins). I hope this helps.

Archived