Dolphin Encounter

Has anybody done the Blue Lagoon Island Dolphin experience in Nassau? Thinking of doing that with my 11yr old daughter. Any idea how this one is vs Atlantis Dolphin encounter. This is a little less expensive than Atlantis.

Lisa

I would think they're quite similar. IF you want to use those noble creatures as entertainment. This is not what they would naturally do, you know...they are captive for your enjoyment....so enjoy..if you can.

I would think they're quite similar. IF you want to use those noble creatures as entertainment. This is not what they would naturally do, you know...they are captive for your enjoyment....so enjoy..if you can.

Thank you for your irrelevant response. Wasn't asking for personal beliefs on animal viewing/interacting excursions. Obviously by the way you feel, you have never done either and therefore don't have an answer to my question.

Lisa

Has anybody done the Blue Lagoon Island Dolphin experience in Nassau? Thinking of doing that with my 11yr old daughter. Any idea how this one is vs Atlantis Dolphin encounter. This is a little less expensive than Atlantis.

Lisa

We went with the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter instead of the Atlantis one because of the price. My teen daughter and husband loved it! They did something with the dolphins as a group (all participants) then, you got some one on one time with the dolphins in the water. While you did not "swim" with them, you did get good interaction with them. I think it would be perfect for your 11 year old!

I've done the dolphin encounter in Grand Cayman and the shallow water swim at Atlantis. If you can swing the shallow water swim, you do get more for your money, and you get to spend the whole time with your own dolphin (you and your travel companions, not a bigger group). It makes for nicer pictures too, with Atlantis in the background. The changing facilities at Atlantis are super nice too, and you get beach time on the dolphin lagoon before and after your turn.

Just know the photos are not included and they charge a LOT for them. If price is an issue - and of course they are both expensive options - the encounter experience I did (not Blue Lagoon but Grand Cayman) was certainly good.