Earliest Check in Time - Carnival Ecstacy, Charleston, SC

We are cruising September 3rd on the Ecstacy. This will be or first time cruising with an assigned check in time. What is the earliest check in time that is offered out of Charleston?

We selected 11:30-12pm when we booked, but i was just wondering if there is the earliest time for regular people?

We never felt the need to book FTTF in the past, because we normally arrived at port around 10:30-11, and were usually checked in and on board within 30 minutes from when boarding started. FTTF is currently sold out, so I'm hoping that we are still able to board rather quickly with at "check in" time.

We are cruising September 3rd on the Ecstacy. This will be or first time cruising with an assigned check in time. What is the earliest check in time that is offered out of Charleston?

We selected 11:30-12pm when we booked, but i was just wondering if there is the earliest time for regular people?

We never felt the need to book FTTF in the past, because we normally arrived at port around 10:30-11, and were usually checked in and on board within 30 minutes from when boarding started. FTTF is currently sold out, so I'm hoping that we are still able to board rather quickly with at "check in" time.

we have FTTF and were given 11;00. i am a little concerned because we are traveling with friends who could not get FTTF. hope we can all get on around same time. did I mention we were driving to port.

So this is the check in time that you selected and you are not FTTF, Diamond, Platinum, or any of that stuff?

I had originally booked an interior cabin and this was the first available time that I took. I then purchased the FTF pass and the time stayed the same. I then upgraded to a Grand Suite and yep, the time is still the same.

I had originally booked an interior cabin and this was the first available time that I took. I then purchased the FTF pass and the time stayed the same. I then upgraded to a Grand Suite and yep, the time is still the same.

If you have FTTF you can show up at anytime, you do not need to follow the staggered check in time. As far as when you can check in, that depends on what time the terminal opens, but normally, its open by 10 to 10:30am. Just keep in mind that while you can check in at 10:30 or so, boarding will not start until all previous passengers are off and the ship is cleared by customs. This could be 11:30 or it could be 1pm..

Charleston is a little different. Due to limited parking spaces, they normally won't let you park until the previous cruise is almost completely off the ship. Last cruise from Charleston, we could not park until 11:30. We were on board by 12:15. But, we got in the line to park about 10:15 that morning. So we were one of the first 20 cars at the port.

If you have FTTF you can show up at anytime, you do not need to follow the staggered check in time. As far as when you can check in, that depends on what time the terminal opens, but normally, its open by 10 to 10:30am. Just keep in mind that while you can check in at 10:30 or so, boarding will not start until all previous passengers are off and the ship is cleared by customs. This could be 11:30 or it could be 1pm..

Also glad to see others that are on this cruise...

Charleston has been a pain for us, they are very firm about no new passengers in the terminal area until all the previous are out. Since the same space is used for check in and getting out, you have to wait.

Our last cruise out of there we got dropped off at 10:30 am, but did not get to go into the terminal until 11:15 am. I dont even plan to try to get to the port until 11:30 this time, as it was not comfortable or fun to wait outside for a hr in a white tent.

Charleston is a little different. Due to limited parking spaces, they normally won't let you park until the previous cruise is almost completely off the ship. Last cruise from Charleston, we could not park until 11:30. We were on board by 12:15. But, we got in the line to park about 10:15 that morning. So we were one of the first 20 cars at the port.

I am Platinum and staying in a Jr. Suite. My luggage tags say Priority. Boarding time on docs says 11:30. I thought Platinum and Suite could board whenever they wanted. Am I incorrect?

I am Platinum and staying in a Jr. Suite. My luggage tags say Priority. Boarding time on docs says 11:30. I thought Platinum and Suite could board whenever they wanted. Am I incorrect?

Yes, and no. You can board anytime, after, the previous cruisers have left the building and they have cleared the ship. You will board directly after the "wedding" people.. I'm pretty sure I have that right.

Yes, and no. You can board anytime, after, the previous cruisers have left the building and they have cleared the ship. You will board directly after the "wedding" people.. I'm pretty sure I have that right.

That makes sense. Thank you. We will probably go shortly prior to 11:30

• 4 weeks later...

You are correct! We boarded Priority, right behind the wedding party. However, we boarded at 11:30 am with people who were 1:30 check in. The were not Priority and just boarded. It was very loose at Port Charleston. No one was turning anyone away.

IF FTTF has a boarding time of 11, then we should be the next group. We normally follow after "special" people since we have arrived early in the past.

There are no assigned boarding times !

The assigned times are check-in times.

You will not be allowed to enter the terminal until your assigned check-in times unless you are a wedding party, Diamond or Platinum, or have purchased FTTF.

Correct - perhaps I didn't phrase that correctly. Our check-in and boarding was one fluid line. No wait between check in and boarding. The point I was making was that the people that had 1:30 check in were not turned away. We had 11:30 Priority. They had 1:30 regular. We both checked in side by side at 11:30 and boarded the ship immediately.