STAR PRINCESS reconfiguration after April 2017..what does this mean?

kodidog

I guess. Must be those Southern Ca women who say things like and this, an exact quote from a Female Aircraft inspector I worked with: "People are buying Mercedes Benz's who don't deserve them." Then she said, "I am going to buy a Yellow Mustang Convertible. Should iI buy a BMW or will people look at me in my Mustang?" I said, Sure, at 100 MPH and 10 lanes of traffic on the 710, everyone will turn and look at you! She seemed quite satisfied. I've been asked what kind of car I drove so many times I finally told women I didn't drive, I have a Chauffer! :D:D:D

Hi,

As regards major changes, she's scheduled for drydock, 14 days, early

October, in Esquimalt. A weebit longeer than the standard time window for preventive/reactive maintenance of propulsio and structural items,besides hull curing. Therefore, I suggest some structural changes are due for public decks, i-e; a new lounge, some venue reconfiguration,etc..etc...

Hi,

As regards major changes, she's scheduled for drydock, 14 days, early

October, in Esquimalt. A weebit longeer than the standard time window for preventive/reactive maintenance of propulsio and structural items,besides hull curing. Therefore, I suggest some structural changes are due for public decks, i-e; a new lounge, some venue reconfiguration,etc..etc...

Just a basic dry dock... no new lounges, etc... but possibly new beds.

Consulting the actual primary source (ie Princess' website):

Club Class Mini-Suites debut on April 8. 2017, as indicated by the changing deck plans on that date. Twenty-eight MA cabins on Dolphin Deck midship become M1 Club Class. That is all.

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/staterooms/club-class/

The Princess Luxury Bed has a tentative rollout date of November 2017 on Star Princess, though the fine print does state that Club Class Minis and Full Suites may receive "priority rollout" earlier (possibly the date Club Class Dining benefits commence):

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/princess-luxury-bed/

The gap in Star Princess' sailing schedule is between cruises ending October 18 and starting on November 1, 2017. We know now that one of the tasks will be to finish the addition of Princess Luxury Beds to the remaining cabins. And unless an actual source can be cited to state anything beyond routine below the waterline tasks will be done during that time is strictly guesswork--especially the claim of "structural changes" as the earlier refits to the older Grand-class ships (Star included) to add the Piazza features, Crown Grill, and window suites took four to five weeks--not four or five "wee bit longer" days.

Edited by fishywood

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi Kodi. First I heard about this but I, too, am sailing on Star. What date is your cruise? I am sailing Sept 9.

We will try to leave the Star in good condition for you! We cruise down to Vancouver on Sept. 2nd.

Sounds like we will have 'non-luxury' beds :D:rolleyes: but I can live with that, I think. Surely all of the older beds won't be complete shambles just because they are going to be upgraded shortly afterwards, eh?