Cancelled Excursion = Still no refund

Some friends and I had planned to take a cruise in November. We had already paid for most of the cruise as well as one of the excursions when one of them had to cancel. I had paid for all four of our excursions part on a gift card and part on my credit card. I put in the information to cancel her excursion and I was told that the refund would be issued. Problem is 2 days after paying for the excursion my credit card information was stolen and now I have a different card number. I checked the gift card and it wasn't applied to that and it wasn't applied to my account. I cancelled the excursion on 06/02/2016 and I still don't have a credit. Carnival keeps saying they have given me the credit but it isn't there. I keep sending email after email and they aren't being answered. Does anyone have any advice? I tried to call but after 25 minutes and 6 different representatives I was told that I had to email and that was the only way to get in touch with them.

Help?

If Carnival shows they have refunded you, I would actually contact your credit card company first. They should be able to see if a refund was applied to that other card, even if it was stolen.

Your problem lies with a refund likely destined for a credit card you no longer have or the mixture of paying for excursions with multiple forms of payment.

Such machinations are horrendous to unravel. As another suggested, try your credit card company to inquire of refund activities were attempted under your old credit card number.

If not, you're unfortunately faced with the vicious cycle of payment adjustment customer service. Brace yourself and hopefully you have access to a speakerphone.

I have talked with the credit card company and no such credit was attempted. He stated that even if they had applied the credit to the old card number it would have still applied to the account even though that number is blocked for purchases.

I will keep trying to get someone. Thanks!

Your problem lies with a refund likely destined for a credit card you no longer have or the mixture of paying for excursions with multiple forms of payment.

Such machinations are horrendous to unravel. As another suggested, try your credit card company to inquire of refund activities were attempted under your old credit card number.

If not, you're unfortunately faced with the vicious cycle of payment adjustment customer service. Brace yourself and hopefully you have access to a speakerphone.

Contact the CC company to which the refund probably was made to. They will probably send you a refund or credit your current card. If Carnival said that the refund was made, then the problems lies with the CC company.

I had a problem similar to this where I had a refund from a botched airport transfer. I had paid originally with gift cards and credit cards. The refund was made by Carnival, but it was in suspense in their system because the computer could not figure out where to apply it to. After making several calls to CS, they finally figured out that the refund got stuck because of the mixture of payment methods. Make sure they are aware that you used multiple payment methods and that they should designate which one the refund should go to.

Talked with a few different people last week and someone was finally able to track down the fact that it was refunded to the gift card and gave me the last four of the card. I of course didn't have the card with me at the time so I couldn't check to verify that the money was on the card.

So I dug out my stack of gift cards and found the one I used, and the balance on it was zero. So I had to call them and 30 minutes later they said they were going to try to resend the refund to the card and if that doesn't work they would send me a card for that amount.

To wait 5-7 days and contact them if the refund isn't showing or I haven't received a new card.

So I am still waiting. :o

As far as having to cancel a credit card, my DH and I had to do this. I had purchased items, not thru carnival, but had to return some of the things I had purchased. Being as I had the same card, different number, my original receipt barcode was scanned. My receipt showed refund had been credited to my newly issued card. The original receipt showed old number, refund showed new number. I would think if the amount had been credited by CCL it would be show up. If it was me I'd called the credit card company and explain the situation. As for crediting the refund back to the gift card I could see that happening also. Problem with that, we always it's the cards when they have a zero balance. Hope everything works out!! [emoji4]

So after 2 months of trying to get my refund I received an envelope from Carnival. They sent a gift card with the refund amount on it via fedex. I just wish that they made it a little easier to get in touch with a person that knows how to look at the account and this would have been taken care of quite a while ago.

Oh well..... On cruise countdown. :D