Aft Sky Suite 1 Advice Needed

I looked on the S Class Spreadsheet and I could not find this information. Would appreciate your knowledge about S1 corner aft rooms size. If you look on the deck plans from Celebrity it appears decks 10-12 Suites seems a lot larger on the Silhouette then deck 9 and below In the past I remember deck 6 S1 aft was definitely smaller per CC posters. Can anybody tell me does the S1 aft rooms get smaller after deck 10? Would appreciate your replies, thank-you.

I looked on the S Class Spreadsheet and I could not find this information. Would appreciate your knowledge about S1 corner aft rooms size. If you look on the deck plans from Celebrity it appears decks 10-12 Suites seems a lot larger on the Silhouette then deck 9 and below In the past I remember deck 6 S1 aft was definitely smaller per CC posters. Can anybody tell me does the S1 aft rooms get smaller after deck 10? Would appreciate your replies, thank-you.

All are the same size,enjoy the pothole:D

Well never been on Deck 6.May be I am wrong.

Edited by iSailor

We were on the Reflection in a S1 deck 6. Very disappointing. The ceiling was shorter, so any longer clothes in the closet hung on the floor. The room is smaller, with different furniture configuration. You cannot sit outside your door. There is only a small nook around the corner for a chair and table. No room for the stool. I wish we had done more research on the room. We have had several S1 suites, and assumed they would all be the same.

We've stayed in aft S1 on decks 9,10,11 and have ALWAYS been pleased.

We have avoided 6 since we have seen pictures of the tiny balcony.

We have avoided 12 since we do not want the overhang and we have heard complaints about the scraping of chairs from the deck above.

I booked a CS for our next cruise because we were bringing our DD with us. She cannot come so my DH wanted to move us back to an S1, but they want more for it now than we paid for our CS:eek:

The cabins are the same size, the only thing smaller is the balcony on deck 6.

We had an amazing S1 corner aft on the 11th deck on the Reflection, looking forward to the S1 aft on the Silhouette 9th deck. I was curious about the different size S1 because looking at the Celebrity brochures it shows the S1 rooms in various sizes according to what deck they are on.

We were on the Reflection in a S1 deck 6. Very disappointing. The ceiling was shorter, so any longer clothes in the closet hung on the floor. The room is smaller, with different furniture configuration. You cannot sit outside your door. There is only a small nook around the corner for a chair and table. No room for the stool. I wish we had done more research on the room. We have had several S1 suites, and assumed they would all be the same.

Couldn't agree with you more. We also had an aft corner suite on deck 6. For a suite and the cost, the room was small and the balcony was a joke. We have the same cabin next week on the Solstice because of several families traveling with us and we all wanted to be located together. Even our butler conceded that the balcony was pitiful on the Reflection. He had been on the Solstice and he said we'll notice a difference in that the Solstice deck six corner aft balcony is bigger. I hope so. I can't be any smaller without it being non-existent.

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone comment on the Solstice deck 7 S1 corner aft suites? Any pros or cons would be greatly appreciated.

We had 7356 on Solstice last year (for two weeks) and LOVED IT!

The only con (others have posted) is the pillar next to the bed. After the first hour, we just didn't notice it. While we knew it was there, it created no problem.

The list of pros is more than the space here. Aft is quiet. Nobody else walking past your for except the butler:D:D. Balcony is great. You can see up the side of the ship as well as across the back. We love the wake. Room is very roomy. We'd book it again in a heartbeat!

If you have specify questions, ask away.

Cheers!

We were in Suite 7307 last week on the Solstice and loved it. Very quiet, didn't hear a thing. The porthole is so big, I would sit in it and read while Alaska passed me by. Great deck, plenty of space in room for storage and bathroom was a good size. I wouldn't hesitate booking that room.

Nobody else walking past your for except the butler:D:D. Balcony is great. You can see up the side of the ship as well as across the back. We love the wake. Room is very roomy. We'd book it again in a heartbeat!

If you have specify questions, ask away.

Cheers!

Thank you so much AZNatve2000. That's the suite we're looking at!!

Autocorrect is so much fun.:rolleyes:

It should say "specific" questions and that only the butler walks past your "door".

On deck seven, we never had the window washing equipment "parked" over our (HUGE) porthole.

We were amazed to find that the tub had a rain shower. Never saw one on a cruise ship before.

Here is one photo (click thumbnail). If you email me (AZNative2000 at yahoo dot com) I can send full size photos. The files are too big to post here.

Cheers!

1488950352_232323232fp63388nu328565466WSNRCG3558428-32nu0mrj.jpg.be57e18cc666190499f8a216d31db322.jpg

Edited by AZNative2000

Had 9376 on Reflection. We switched a few months out from a deck 6 S1 when we found out how small it was. With that said S1 aft suites are absolutely amazing like everyone above has testified. Once you try it, you will probably never want to book anything else!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by pumpkin 11