My View: NCL Escape - Did she top the charts?

APDMOM

On page 3 there is a pic of all the staff. I was trying to see the name of the Restaurant manager, but I could not see the pic close enough. If you can read it can you tell me. I have to meet with whomever it is upon boarding, both my kids have severe nut allergies. Great review !

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

...so so much...loved the review and especially the Dallies. I have already booked my specialty dining and entertainment so I was looking forward to seeing how I did...although I know things may change again before our turn...Oct 22. The only thing I'm hoping may change is the night they have the prime rib special. I booked specialty dining both prime rib nights and the ones I didn't book were spare rib specials...well like I said it may change before October. maybe this time on my NCL we will make it to Manhatten room!

Thanks again!

Thanks for the review and Dailies.

We are sailing on 9/3 and all of these reviews that people post are very helpful.

I have a couple of questions:

1) Do you know if Clarense (aka "The Chocolate Cowboy") is still the outside bartender at the 5 O’Clock Somewhere Bar? A number of reviews recommended him.

2)Did you see the Magic show? If so, how was it? We had wanted to see the Hypnotist but it looks like she is no longer on the ship :-(

Glad you has a great time. Can't wait to board her!

Chocolate cowboy and Ron were at the 5 o'clock somewhere and they are awesome!

The magic show we saw was really good! And I'm not a big fan of going to shows!

-Matt

On page 3 there is a pic of all the staff. I was trying to see the name of the Restaurant manager, but I could not see the pic close enough. If you can read it can you tell me. I have to meet with whomever it is upon boarding, both my kids have severe nut allergies. Great review !

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It is Melvyn Lobo. He is a really nice guy!

Happy cruising :)

We are sailing on 9/3 and all of these reviews that people post are very helpful.

1) Do you know if Clarense (aka "The Chocolate Cowboy") is still the outside bartender at the 5 O’Clock Somewhere Bar? A number of reviews recommended him.

2)Did you see the Magic show? If so, how was it? We had wanted to see the Hypnotist but it looks like she is no longer on the ship :-(

Chocolate cowboy and Ron were at the 5 o'clock somewhere and they are awesome!

The magic show we saw was really good! And I'm not a big fan of going to shows!

-Matt

Thanks for helping out, Matt!

I have to say, the magic show was okay, but that is because we got spoiled on RCI with two of the best comedy magic shows ever. It would be hard for any magician to follow those acts. :D Hindsight, I would have skipped that show, but it was entertaining enough. I enjoy the comedy more than the 'how did he do that?'

If you are interested in being 'awed' by tricks, it is a good show.

Unfortunately, Bowling at O’Sheehan’s is not free. It will cost you $5 per game. QUOTE]

Does anyone know if the arcade credit can go towards the bowling? Even though I wasn't too excited about the arcade credit when booking, my boys will be...but if I can do a couple rounds of bowling it will make it better for me.:)

Does anyone know if the arcade credit can go towards the bowling? Even though I wasn't too excited about the arcade credit when booking, my boys will be...but if I can do a couple rounds of bowling it will make it better for me.:)

That is a good question - it would be good to know for our future cruises too. I would love to bowl, but not at $5 per game on a small alley. :)

Does anyone know?

I have sent the dailies to 7 people who requested. If you requested and did not receive them, please let me know here so that I can log into my online mailbox to check spam.

:)

Tip: I always pack these heavy duty magnets for hats, jackets, wet swim stuff, etc. They work in the room and the bathroom, even in the shower, since most of the walls are metal. To my surprise, the walls by the bed were not metal, so I could not hang my flashlight by the bed. This may also be why we could hear our neighbors. Apparently, NCL builds the room divider walls differently than other ships. This is the first time I encountered a non-metal wall between rooms. This only applied to the wall on the bed’s side. The other one was metal.

Following along.

Great idea about the heavy duty magnets!! We sail in September and can NOT wait!

Hawkman - we sail 9/3 too! Can't wait. :)

I have sent the dailies to 7 people who requested. If you requested and did not receive them, please let me know here so that I can log into my online mailbox to check spam.

:)

I just read your review today and want to say thank you. Loved the pictures and your detail in reviewing. I sent a request to you for dailies just a bit ago.

Just got back from work... I sent all the requests for Dailies, to date.

If I missed anyone, please post here so I can log in to spam.

:) Thanks for all the recent positive feedback.

...100 days until our next cruise!!!

Thanks for the review.. I see that you have been on RC Freedom of Seas and I have that booked for Spring Break next year. I am thinking of switching to Escape. I have 2 kids 9 & 7 and we go with friends that have a 9 year old. Would you recommend Escape over FOS if price was slightly higher? Thanks for any feedback..