Norwegian Getaway Detailed Review - 7/17/16 - 7/24/16

slei15

Thanks for the information! We love the Vibe and we know the early bird gets the worm. I had read they had moved the sale of the passes on Escape to Headliners but I wasn't sure about Getaway. I did not want to run the wrong way. :eek:

Supposedly they have been revamping it the last 6 months or so. The biggest problem we had was the staff was not at all friendly. They were actually quite rude, and our kids who were 3 and 6 at the time did not want to be with them. Especially the 3 year old, who hated having to go upstairs around a corner where he couldn't see us. They wouldn't even let us walk him up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On a positive, not a single person that was working there on our last cruise was still there. Even though we didn't have the kids, I still checked it out. I had written to the high ups at NCL with names and specifics and they assured me they would take care of it.

Glad you followed through and reported those kids counselors. They should understand the concerns of a three year old in an unfamiliar place with strangers and let you try to ease your child into going in. When we sailed on the Star with our three year old granddaughter one of the counselors took great care to always take her hand and get her to want to join in on the fun. Glad to hear they replaced those crew members. Wow, that must have been a lot of happy crew members heading home on vacation for 40 days!

Vibe is an adult only beach club on the ship. It has a large hot tub, comfy cabana and lounge chairs, a bar, and fresh fruit skewers and water spritzers for people in it. You have to buy a pass for the week to use it. Very limited quantities.

Tour company in Belize was cavetubing.bz. They were amazing. David and Roberto were great tour guides.

I don't. I only know what I have read on here and heard from crew on the ship. Some said it could happen as soon as October.

I see. Just strange that you can find official links for the update for the Escape but not Getaway but I too have read it here across multiple posts. I personally hope its just the Escape but seems like the crew is aware of it too.