Interior Stateroom Differences - Vision of the Seas (or Vision Class)

We have booked a category Q stateroom on Vision of the Seas and have been assigned 2063.

I'm interested to hear from cruisers who have cruised in a standard interior stateroom (Q or M) and how it differs from a Large Interior Stateroom. RCI website indicates Q is 134 sq ft vs 151 sq ft for the Large Interior Stateroom. Is the layout different?

I have seen some photos of where the bed when in queen configuration is pushed against the wall. Not a setup we would like....

Pictures would be great if you have them.

Thanks for any information you have. I have 9 months until we cruise to make changes.

Edited by JoePDX

From my research prior to our cruise on Enchantment, the standard room only has room for a armchair or none at all. The large has room for an actual couch.

Also, your bed won't be up against the wall. That is mainly in the Sovereign class. Your bed can be a king bed with bedside tables on each side or two twins with the tables in the middle.

The "sideways" M and N cabins on deck 7 and 8 are my favorite interiors on Vision. Here's M 8053 on Rhapsody. Very spacious. Note the door to the hallway is immediately to the right of the first pic, so right when you walk into the room, the bed is on the right and bathroom/closet area on the left

DSC02919_zps8eb589e9.jpg

DSC02920_zps21ca22b6.jpg

The J interiors are the very biggest interiors, and in fact the same size as D balcony cabins (on Legend anyways, but I think Vision too). Note this pic below, the full 3 seater couch. I believe the J cabin is over 170sf (174 I believe)

DSC05448_zpsmnsgqzuj.jpg

Here is a 2010 Rhapsody N 2457 photo before her refurbishment... it is now a Q cabin... I guess most people don;t know that even Rhapsody had the beds pushed to one side. I do not think they do anymore however. Note the smaller size with the one seat smaller chaise lounger... I believe now it's only a single arm chair in that spot. These rooms are small, note how much closer I am to the bed compared to the J interior photo, and yet I'm standing at the exact same spot right at the bathroom/closet door area at the hallway

P1080399_zpsshbwfk5g.jpg

P1080396_zps5abnb36w.jpg

In my humble opinion, those deck 7 and 8 "sideways" rooms are excellent and normally not a whole lot more than the Q cabins.

Whatever you choose have a great cruise :D

Edited by Hoopster95