Royal Caribbean Service Decline?

SeeFoodEatIt

Hi, this is to all RCCL cruisers out there. I'm just wondering, has anyone else noticed a decline in the service and just general friendliness of staff on RCCL cruises? When I first cruised in 2010, it was like everyone was incredibly happy and the food was amazing - the next couple of cruises was much the same. On the pool deck, you also could easily get a drink without having to get up and stand in line at the bar. Then in 2013, things seemed to just go down hill... less staff, much less happy. I actually had a bartender throw a menu at me when I asked if he had a particular style of beer. I've also noticed food quality has really hit rock bottom. Am curious if any other seasoned cruises have noticed similar trends and if there is a reason behind it.

All the cruise lines are trying to maximize profits while cutting staff. The crew is overworked and it shows. I've noticed this same problem on all cruise lines. To get the kind of service we used to get on ships, you have to be in a suite and even then, the service might not be all that great.

Hi, this is to all RCCL cruisers out there. I'm just wondering, has anyone else noticed a decline in the service and just general friendliness of staff on RCCL cruises? When I first cruised in 2010, it was like everyone was incredibly happy and the food was amazing - the next couple of cruises was much the same. On the pool deck, you also could easily get a drink without having to get up and stand in line at the bar. Then in 2013, thinbgs seemed to just go down hill... less staff, much less happy. I actually had a bartender throw a menu at me when I asked if he had a particular style of beer. I've also noticed food quality has really hit rock bottom. Am curious if any other seasoned cruises have noticed similar trends and if there is a reason behind it.

Welcome to CC. Seeing as you are asking about RC, you might get more responses on RC board.

I have been cruising since the 1990's, and a large percentage on RC. There have definitely been changes. Food in some cases is not as good; however, food is very subjective. I have always had good service, and although the staff do seem busier, I have never been treated disrespectfully, nor had trouble getting service. It's not just cruising. The world is changing; people are different in what they expect, and also the way they treat the staff.