Port Canaveral Transportation from Hotel

trishb13

Fellow Cruisers,

I am thinking about stay at the Radisson Resort at Port Canaveral for my Disney Cruise in Sept. I would like to know if there were any issues getting shuttles to cruise port and especially getting shuttle back to hotel when leaving ship. I would like to get on the road as quickly as possible coming back home. Our port time to check in is 11:15 A.M. day of cruise. Please give me your advice if you have done this before.

Thanks,

Trish

Our shuttle from the Radisson to the port actually left a few minutes early because everyone showed up on time and got boarded. They are very efficient. On the way TO the port, you have a specific reservation time. It works perfectly when everyone shows up at the appointed time.

The way back is not so pretty--there is a place to line up for the various shuttles. The shuttle comes and loads on as many people as it can hold (the Radisson used a luggage trailer, so amount of luggage was not an issue). It does continuous loops, but seems that there is always a line. For under $20, you can take a cab from the port to the hotel--there is always a line of cabs waiting for fares. Because you pay for the shuttle (unless you have a package that includes it), my usual suggestion of having the driver ride the shuttle back, get the car, and come back to port to pick up the family becomes a bit wasteful.

The other problem is when one of the other ships is disembarking on the same day--your shuttle may make a run to the DCL terminal. The next loop may be to Carnival or whoever before they come back to Disney again. If the shuttle doesn't fill at DCL, he'll go over to the other line to try to fill up before heading to the hotel.

This was our experience. Yours may be different.

Edited by moki'smommy

I realized after I said "$20" that the ride I paid that was a quick round trip to a store. A one way taxi would be maybe half of that.

I'm not sure what they are charging for their shuttle these days, but it might be a better deal to just take a taxi.