Dancing on Emerald Princess

rockinmama07

First time on Emerald Princess, we are avid ballroom & rock n roll dancers, are there any good dance floors on this ship to dance?

I see there's a disco, but as on other cruises, find this is only usually for techno, jumping around type dancing.....unless they do a 50's or 60's theme night.

QM2 had the biggest best ballroom on any ship we've been on, but even in our late 50's early 60's we are way too young to ever go on that ship again :):)

There's no ballroom, but in the past there has been live music in the Wheelhouse Bar, where there is a wooden dance floor. Many times my friend and I would go there after dinner to have a drink and enjoy listening to the music and watching the great dancers.

Have been on Ruby Princess, same class of ship so probably similar facilities. I have no reason to expect management attitude to be any different.

Club Fusion had an oddly-shaped but decent sized dance floor. The band wanted to please passengers but didn't know what they were doing- when I mentioned their arrangement of December '63 was a good samba, they were surprised. They were usually scheduled for non-dance themes.

The Wheelhouse Bar had poor music and a worse floor, only for the desperate. The lobby had better music but a tile mosaic floor, also for the desperate. The (Explorer lounge?) had a somewhat better floor, albeit with metal inlay strips, but little music.

The front line staff tried hard but it was clear senior management didn't care. Don't get your hopes up.

Edited by Dancer Bob