Just off the Breeze 7/24-7/31.....

Ready 2 Go

I am sailing the CARNIVAL BREEZE Aug 28. Looking forward to being on holiday. How was the cabin temperature? Do I need to take a fan? I am on deck 7, midship.

What about food in the MDR? I keep reading negative things about the American Table. Did you dine in the steakhouse? Do the Chef's Table?

Did you take in the shows in the show room? Comments?

Did you go to the Piano Bar? Good entertainer?

Thanking you in advance for your comments,

I also just returned from this cruise. It was my first. We were on deck 2 aft and when we first arrived our room was warm but we turned the air all the way down and the rest of the trip we were either cold or perfect (but adjusting was easy and I felt the temp change was rather quick).

We were a group of 14 and I don't think a single one of us were disappointed in the MDR. Most of us ordered 2 (sometimes 3) appetizers and there were nights when several got two entries. My husband would simply mention to our head waiter that he was torn between 2 entries and the waiter would go ahead and bring both! We did not do the steakhouse or anything else for dinner.

We attended many of the shows but my favorite BY FAR was called "Flick." It was a new show that had only been running a few weeks. Totally awesome! It is performers singing shows from movies but also has a really cool light show aspect. I was second in line to get my picture taken with the cast!

Many of us spent a good deal of time in the piano bar. My husband closed it down most nights. Gregg (I think was his name) was very, very good and the bar staff is great. Very friendly and comfortable place.

We saw a few comedians and they were okay but not great. Family Game Night and Love & Marriage were both fun.

We attended many of the shows but my favorite BY FAR was called "Flick." It was a new show that had only been running a few weeks. Totally awesome! It is performers singing shows from movies but also has a really cool light show aspect. I was second in line to get my picture taken with the cast!

Many of us spent a good deal of time in the piano bar. My husband closed it down most nights. Gregg (I think was his name) was very, very good and the bar staff is great. Very friendly and comfortable place.

We saw a few comedians and they were okay but not great. Family Game Night and Love & Marriage were both fun.

Will definitely be looking for Flick! And thanks for the review of the piano bar. I'd been wondering how it was. I may check it out in Jan.

Hi Ready to Go,

Thank you for you review so far, can you tell me if they had a Latin Band on Board, what type of music was playing (for dancing) in the evening?

Yes they had Latin performers. But I only heard them perform maybe twice in the atrium area. May have just been because I missed them other times. They also had a Latin night in Liquid. It was great! Lots of dancing the dj did well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

We had a cove balcony for the very first time - I would rather have it than the suite we had on our last cruise on the Magic. This cruise was the best ever, as far as I'm concerned. Mike Pack was great. Cabin Stewards, wait staff and bartenders were outstanding. We ate in the MDR every night and thought the food was fine. Kind of like banquet food in a large hotel. The room temperature was coolish - which was perfect for us. We have been on this itinerary several times on several ships. I think our top excursion with the Victor Bodden " Fun in the Sun" excursion. It was outstanding, inexpensive and the guides were knowledgeable and friendly. Have a great cruise. YOu will LOVE the Breeze.

I will post the complete list. On deck they did play Deadpool (12 am showing), Spectre (James Bond), The Martian, Zootopia, Creed.

Thank you so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you for answering the questions so fast Ready 2 Go!

I have booked a spa balcony on deck 12 for my upcoming Breeze cruise. Which cabin were in? Did you mind the fact that it was not a "covered' balcony.

We were in 12027.. This was our 5th cruise in a spa balcony either on Magic or Breeze. We love the location and dont mind not having a covered balcony at all.

Hello. Another question if you see this. Did you get cabin cleaning service twice a day as it has been in the past, or did you have to opt for morning or evening, or did you get the option of one or the other or both? This seems to be a hot question and source of discord currently on the CARNIVAL DREAM. On another thread here, the OP stated they had an email direct from Carnival stating the new policy is just once day service. The responses however, indicate this is not being done consistently on the ship. I cruise this month on Aug 28, and would prefer to know in advance what to expect. Thanking you in advance for your time.

Hello. Another question if you see this. Did you get cabin cleaning service twice a day as it has been in the past, or did you have to opt for morning or evening, or did you get the option of one or the other or both? This seems to be a hot question and source of discord currently on the CARNIVAL DREAM. On another thread here, the OP stated they had an email direct from Carnival stating the new policy is just once day service. The responses however, indicate this is not being done consistently on the ship. I cruise this month on Aug 28, and would prefer to know in advance what to expect. Thanking you in advance for your time.

Obviously I can only answer for myself and there are numerous room stewards. One lady down the hall seemed to always be in a bad mood but all others always said hello with a smile. We had our rooms cleaned twice a day. Even if my husband and daughters slept super late.

We were in 12027.. This was our 5th cruise in a spa balcony either on Magic or Breeze. We love the location and dont mind not having a covered balcony at all.

Thanks, we are in 12017 a little more forward but that is what available. We had a spa on a lower deck before and agree that the location is great. I like the sun so hoping I don't have too many people staring down from above.

Send me your questions if you have any....

We are sailing the BREEZE in 2 weeks. Do you remember if your stateroom fridge was empty when you arrived? I remember reading somewhere that Carnival was going to start doing this. We usually have the steward empty it when we arrive or email John Heald. I was just curious if the BREEZE already have them empty.

Thanks for your help!

We are sailing the BREEZE in 2 weeks. Do you remember if your stateroom fridge was empty when you arrived? I remember reading somewhere that Carnival was going to start doing this. We usually have the steward empty it when we arrive or email John Heald. I was just curious if the BREEZE already have them empty.

Thanks for your help!

Actually, the steward came in and emptied both. She said she would refill it later in the day. We told her not to refill the fridge in 10291 because we wanted to put our water, red bulls and my son's antibiotic in it (he burned his knees before we cruised). She refilled the fridge in 10287 but we asked her to keep it locked as we had the older boys in there....alone.

Actually, the steward came in and emptied both. She said she would refill it later in the day. We told her not to refill the fridge in 10291 because we wanted to put our water, red bulls and my son's antibiotic in it (he burned his knees before we cruised). She refilled the fridge in 10287 but we asked her to keep it locked as we had the older boys in there....alone.

Thanks!

I have been looking for your review but can't seem to find it. Guess I'm blind! Please help

You are not blind..lol..I wasn't sure if I should do a review. I failed to take the number and quality of pictures that most reviews have. I guess I could pull one together with the few pics I do have.

You are not blind..lol..I wasn't sure if I should do a review. I failed to take the number and quality of pictures that most reviews have. I guess I could pull one together with the few pics I do have.

Glad to know I'm not blind! The reason I thought you had written one was because others had posted replies with info I didn't remember reading. No need to write one if you don't want to.😁

I will post the complete list. On deck they did play Deadpool (12 am showing), Spectre (James Bond), The Martian, Zootopia, Creed.

Thanks a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sorry, Ready 2 Go! I should not have inserted myself into your post! Thank you so much for your post and I look forward to your review! I'm working on mine right now but I am finding that I have completely blocked out so much of it! It went WAY too fast!