Freedom of the Seas Cruising Questions

Apparently the "to passport or not to passport" issue is almost as polarizing as "shorts in the MDR" :D Here is some advice I read somewhere here on CC regarding passports before my first cruise a few years ago (similar to what another poster said):

I take photo copies of our passport, ID and credit cards (front and back). I put my passport in the room safe and it never leaves until departure. When we go ashore, I take a photo copy of the passport along "just in case". No, I do not believe a copy is as good as the real thing, but I would hope that it can at least help expedite any process should anything happen. It feels to me to be a happy medium between having nothing and risking taking your passport off the ship and losing it/having it stolen. I usually take a credit card off the ship with me and the reason for the photo copies of the card (it stays in the safe with the passport) is should that be lost or stolen, I have the information right away to call and cancel the card.

Some other general tips from someone who took their first cruise not too long ago:

-Don't try to do everything, as many others have already said. You're going to miss some things, it's that simple. Seeing what you missed is what your next cruise is for :D

-Walk around the ship as soon as you get on. Drop any bags you have in your room (if it's available) and go walk. Find where things you may want to do are (pool, MDR, certain bars, etc). In general just get your bearings on the ship. Along with finding out where things you want are, you're bound to find things you had no idea existed.

-Sign up for the CC Meet and Mingle (if you haven't already). It's a great way to meet new cruisers. Many of them are a wealth of valuable information!

-Don't over-pack. I never wore half of what I packed on our first cruise.

-Don't miss Quest! (as many others have stated). Even if you don't want to participate (which you certainly don't have to) it is an absolute blast. Probably the most fun we've had on both cruises was Quest on each one.

1)Transport: We don’t drive, so renting a car is not possible. I think RC only provides transport if you book via their Air2Sea program—which we didn’t. Any recommendation on transport companies or taxi lines? We obviously don’t live in Orlando, so we dont know what is available.

Are you staying in a hotel in the Port area the night before? In our one cruise out of this port, this issue concerned me a little bit being our first time. I settled on the Radisson hotel and when I called them they recommended COCOA BEACH shuttle and they could do the reservation for me and add it to my bill. It worked out well. I'm sure others will tell you about other good choices, but this was easy for us. $50 for 2 people I think.