Just off NCL Escape July 23 8-day AMA

agripnt

How were the drink prices? Did you and your family have fun ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Had a blast. "Most" alcohol drinks were in the $8-$10 price range.. You had to get some generally high end drinks to have to pay more...

A Can of Pepsi was about $2.95 plus gratuity. I will add we had the ultimate beverage package... Every bartender I encountered would include fountain soda with the UBP, once they saw the card they would just give it to us. I had to try pretty hard to buy an actual can that I wanted one evening.

Another note, unlike Royal, there was no receipt or signature required for UBP purchases.. Nice! I hated signing for every drink on Royal.

If you don't get the reservations you wanted before the cruise go to Headliners as soon as you get on the cruise and you can make them there as well as reading all menu's. We booked only a few weeks before the cruise and so make all our reservations on board. We had NO problem getting the times and days we wanted for family of 5.

Teppenyaki was the best meal we had. Fabulous, do it. Cagney's was a close 2nd. Moderno was just ok at best for us. That's the only 3 specialty we did..

After the first day we ate all breakfasts in the main dining room. The food was good at the buffet, however, the people eating it were rude, not very sanitary.. I.E. Saw a girl eat bacon, lick fingers, pickup more bacon on the line with no tongs.. Yuck!

We went to Brat Pack, no charge, and Oh What a Night supper club, also no charge. The dinner was OK for the supper club. It's a preset menu so you make no choices. The show, Frankie Valli tribute, was really good. They did the show one night at the end of the cruise that was in the theater and open seating vs supper club. I was told if I didn't want the dinner at the supper club to just tell the server to not serve me and they would not. Also saw a ventriloquist, he was good, but I think has left the ship now.

Edited by agripnt

Did you try to use the on board Internet? If so, how bad was it?

We're just off the same cruise - it was fabulous. Can't say the same about wifi tho lol. We bought the $75 package nearer the end of the cruise and it wasn't worth it at all. Very very slow - and that's if it worked! That's our experience of course - others may have a better one.

We're just off the same cruise - it was fabulous. Can't say the same about wifi tho lol. We bought the $75 package nearer the end of the cruise and it wasn't worth it at all. Very very slow - and that's if it worked! That's our experience of course - others may have a better one.

Thanks, this is pretty much what I expected. :)

who was the cruise director? (scratch that - read it on the dailies. Tyler. Thanks!!!)

Can you tell me if you experienced the same problems with frequent closures of the ropes course and/or zip lines?

Can you tell me if you experienced the same problems with frequent closures of the ropes course and/or zip lines?

The zip line over the ocean IS fixed, I personally rode it. It was closed one really windy day, but seemed to be open a fair bit. It isn't open as much as the water slides..

The zip line over the ocean IS fixed, I personally rode it. It was closed one really windy day, but seemed to be open a fair bit. It isn't open as much as the water slides..

Great to hear! Can you tell me the times the water slides and pools were open daily?

Great to hear! Can you tell me the times the water slides and pools were open daily?

I think the slides were typically open around 10am, perhaps sooner on sea days. The ropes course on port days didn't open until about an hour before departure...

I think the main pool was open until 10pm or so each night.