Tons of Questions About the Ruby - Please Share Your Knowledge

sjmbruce

Speaking of bars, are there bars that are better for certain drinks? For example, are the pool bars better for tropical drinks? And if there's a certain place for a good bloody mary or mimosa in the morning, please share!

Speaking of bars, are there bars that are better for certain drinks? For example, are the pool bars better for tropical drinks? And if there's a certain place for a good bloody mary or mimosa in the morning, please share!

Oh I hadn't even thought about a morning drink. I wonder if they can do a good Bailey's n coffee with whipped cream and a cherry. Always have that in Vegas but have never tried for one on a ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you are looking for an early drink then the Outrigger Bar on the Horizon Terrance is your choice. It typically opens around 6:00AM and you can pair it with some food from the buffet. The Piazza Bar opens around 7:00AM but I would rather be outside. Other bars don't open until around 9:00AM or later.

Crooners had an extensive martini menu.

Edited by IECalCruiser

• 1 month later...
On some Princess and Carnival there is a grill that does pastrami and corned beef sandwiches. Does the Ruby have this?

Also, our booking came with a sip n sail, does this also include coffee and bottled water?

What would you consider as the best bar to hang around in order to meet fellow cruisers and have a conversation that will not be drowned out with music?

We were on the Golden Princess a couple of years ago. We hung out in the IC area. Mostly quiet place to people watch, have a pot of tea, coffee or drink. Sometimes they had a small three piece type band.

BTW I sailed with you guys a couple of years ago on Mariner of the Seas.

Have fun on you Ruby Cruise. I will be on her a week from Friday!

We were on the Golden Princess a couple of years ago. We hung out in the IC area. Mostly quiet place to people watch, have a pot of tea, coffee or drink. Sometimes they had a small three piece type band.

BTW I sailed with you guys a couple of years ago on Mariner of the Seas.

Have fun on you Ruby Cruise. I will be on her a week from Friday!

Wow. Mots (and not movies). That was a while ago. We are currently aboard EX. Week one almost done and two to follow. Then the Hots followed by Freedom and finally we will get to the Ruby. Thanks for the location. It will be great to find a quiet place to have a drink and socialize.

I think we are also going to buy alcohol packages.

We have some OBC, so I am assuming we'll need to wait until we board to buy the coffee card and alcohol packages?

I didn't see anyone answer or address this particular question. No, you do not have to wait until boarding to purchase the AIBP if you are not trying to buy it with Onboard Credit. As others have mentioned, tips, gratuities and hotel fees can quickly consume OBC and if you expect to do any onboard shopping, your OBC can contribute to that instead.

The advantage of pre-purchasing the AIBP is that you do not have to fuss with getting the sticker and account change made as you are settling into the ship, and you can start off with a drink as soon as you are onboard. Whether it's a cocktail on the pool deck, or some wine with lunch in the dining room that is open during boarding.

Just off the Ruby in Alaska a couple of weeks ago, never saw gelato in the IC. Also went up to Skywalkers one day and while it was a pretty view, it reeked of smoke, can't imagine hanging out there for more than a few minutes.

There was Gelato on the Ruby this past weekend. Kind of hidden around the corner of the food display case. You might have missed it.

Ruby has handled prepaid AIBPs in two different ways; either OBC in the precise amount has been applied to the account with a voucher that can be redeemed at the IC bar, or with stickers on the card at boarding.

The problem is that when they use the vouchers, they haven't always been in the room on boarding, leading to Issues and delays.

I've found it takes no more than three minutes to get a sticker at the IC bar or adjacent table upon boarding.

• 3 weeks later...

Are you allowed to share your coffee card or purchase two coffees at the same time? I love the idea of the coffee card but don't think I will need 15 coffees but if I could share with my husband it would be a nice treat. (as opposed to regular coffee all the time.)

Are you allowed to share your coffee card or purchase two coffees at the same time? I love the idea of the coffee card but don't think I will need 15 coffees but if I could share with my husband it would be a nice treat. (as opposed to regular coffee all the time.)

Yes share away and buy as many at a time as you like! They will punch accordingly.

Oh I hadn't even thought about a morning drink. I wonder if they can do a good Bailey's n coffee with whipped cream and a cherry. Always have that in Vegas but have never tried for one on a ship.

Go to the IC coffee bar in the piazza and order the "Nutty Irishman". I think it's Baileys, Jameson, and Frangelico with cream. It's so yummy!

I think the Salty dog Gastropub is now in the Wheelhouse Bar on the Ruby? Will there still be the normal/free pub lunch?
Back in March, the free pub lunch was served in the Salty Dog/Wheelhouse Bar on select sea days. Check your Patter to find out when it's held. Edited by Jasperdo

I hate to be negative about the Ruby, but I could never use the Thermal beds in the Thermal suites. They were always occupied. In fact people were always waiting. This never happened on any other Princess ship. I always go @ around the same time. They must over sell .

Also, do not expect to do any sports before 9:00am & after 6:00pm. As they close everything down, lock & put away all equipment. This was a 1st for us. Was told this is the Ruby's rules, this last April. My DH loves to play paddle tennis (or ping pong), basketball, mini golf & etc. So no can do after an early dinner. Almost forgot, there is no shuffleboard on the Ruby anymore.

Because of all of the above my DH told me do not book any more cruises on the Ruby. The Ruby just is not for him. He loves just being on the ship, but I guess not the Ruby. He is the one paying, so I want to keep him happy.

Edited by Ronnieslady

I hate to be negative about the Ruby, but I could never use the Thermal beds in the Thermal suites. They were always occupied. In fact people were always waiting. This never happened on any other Princess ship. I always go @ around the same time. They must over sell .

Also, do not expect to do any sports before 9:00am & after 6:00pm. As they close everything down, lock & put away all equipment. This was a 1st for us. Was told this is the Ruby's rules, this last April. My DH loves to play paddle tennis (or ping pong), basketball, mini golf & etc. So no can do after an early dinner. Almost forgot, there is no shuffleboard on the Ruby anymore.

Because of all of the above my DH told me do not book any more cruises on the Ruby. The Ruby just is not for him. He loves just being on the ship, but I guess not the Ruby. He is the one paying, so I want to keep him happy.

Aww! That really is a bummer about the shuffleboard. We played it on the first cruise we went on and I was actually looking forward to playing again! We had the whole thing to ourselves, no one seemed to even really know it was there since we saw all of 2 people and they were crew members when we were on the other ship.

Sad that Ruby turned Sabatini's into Share. We tried Share once. Cold, spartan decor, surcharge too high for the food, chairs uncomfortable. Once was enough. But the nighttime Trident Grill with all the barbecue? Now there's a great meal!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD