How early to book flight out of Boston to home?

We fly out at 11am in Oct , hope I'll be able to use luggage valet .

I don't think that luggage valet is available in Boston. Boston's traffic is very congested and Logan is a busy airport so I personally wouldn't be comfortable with a flight before noon.

Luggage valet is only available in Canaveral and Lauderdale.

Even being as close to the cruise terminal as it is, given the time of day, but not knowing the day of the week, I personally would allow 2 hours from the time you start down the gangway to the airline gate, if you have TSA Pre-check, and 3 hours if not. JMHO

We fly out at 11am in Oct , hope I'll be able to use luggage valet .

No luggage valet in Boston. Since Serenade sails on Sundays, there will be less traffic early. October is a busy month in Boston though, with lots of leaf peepers, college homecomings and the Head of the Charles Regatta just to name a few things.

Just make sure you either walk off with you luggage or get a very early luggage tag number. The ship isn't scheduled to arrive until 7am, but as long as things run smoothly, you should be ok. We have done that cruise a couple of times and have always been home around 10 am, but we are only 15 miles north of the port.

We cruise in October have airfare to Boston but no air yet to home. How early is it safe to book a flight home and not be stressed that we will miss our flight?

Thank you,

Sandy

What day of the week? What airline?

Traffic can be unpredictable at the airport. My DD and GDG's were flying out recently at 7 am. We stayed at the Westin in the Seaport area near Black Falcon and my husband drove them at o'dark hundred. Ted Williams Tunnel was jammed and they closed the departure level at Terminal C for no apparent reason. TSA was awful. They barely made their flight.

You could do a later flight in the day and do this water taxi from the ship and do some sightseeing. We did it last year and it worked great. Look at the bottom of the page for the cruise ship special.

http://www.roweswharfwatertransport.com/#!directions---cruise-ship-to-water-taxi/c22sb

Edited by telecruiser