Ta Says Rccl Says

curlyd

Isn't that slimy? We sort of gave up on TA"s a while ago because of that very issue. RCCL has discounts and coupons for loyal members and it is like pulling teeth to get TA"s to honor them. The issue used to be whether you would get "full value" for them. With the no discounting policy that should no longer be an issue.

We have booked the last 2 cruises direct with the cruise line, and I rather like not having to go through a TA to get discounts applied or changes made.:)

Isn't that slimy? We sort of gave up on TA"s a while ago because of that very issue. RCCL has discounts and coupons for loyal members and it is like pulling teeth to get TA"s to honor them. The issue used to be whether you would get "full value" for them. With the no discounting policy that should no longer be an issue.

We have booked the last 2 cruises direct with the cruise line, and I rather like not having to go through a TA to get discounts applied or changes made.:)

Funny - I don't know any TA's in my area that won't honor coupons. It does cut into commission, but not by much.

Oops - sorry - double post.

Thanks for everybody's comments. We have learned that in the future we will book everthing directly ourselves. Not really sure why we didn't, but having never cruised before we just thought the TA's would know more than we would. And maybe they did until we found this site. The sad part is, I actually would like to cancel our hotel stay and ins that we have and book that ourselves too, but I am afraid of what trouble it would cause now.

The good part is that because of the information we got from all of you I knew how to quietly and forcibly fight for what I knew was right. I still don't know where the problem was, with RCI or TA but it is fixed.

Oh I doubt that I would have gone to court although it did amount to $560.00. Curiously the TA offered to pay $100 of it. I told DH she could pay it all or get RCI to fix it.

Thanks again.

Archived