At 10 days and shore excursions are down

cherub44

I hoping someone has experience with this and can help me. Our cruise is 10 days away at this point and I've been trying since last night to book our excursion online. I read that it must be done within 10 days of the cruise. I haven't been able to book it because the site is down. I called RCI earlier and they said if the site is down we won't be able to book it because that's what the people in their office use. They said to be patient and wait for the site to come up again.

I'm concerned that if we don't get this excursion booked today we won't be able to and I have no idea when the site will be back up. Has anyone had this issue? Will we have to wait until the cruise to book it if we don't get it done tonight? I tried calling customer service again and talking to someone else, but they've closed early due to Wilma.

Thanks for any help!

We usually book well in advance so the 10 day thing has never been an issue. However, all is not lost. When you board you will have shore excursion info and order forms in your cabin. Fill it out immediately and take it to the Shore excursion desk (ther's usually a drop box when they're closed). This way you've book early on board :) for what may be a very popular excursion. By the way...have a great cruise.

Cherub, I agree with the Moyers. When you get on the ship, go to the Shore Excursion desk asap to book your excursions. You can always check tomorrow to see if you can book them. In the mean time, relax! There is nothing else you can do if the excursions are closed, but remember, no one else can book either! I bet the excursion you want will still be there when you get on board.

You can always have some alternate options in mind just in case. We have had excursions cancelled due to lack of participation. We then "punted" and had a great day.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks for your replies. The rest of our group already booked this excursion because I had heard that ATV excursions fill up quickly. I should have booked sooner. /bonk Good point about no one else being able to book either. I am just going to chill and hope I can get on the excursion. If not, we have other choices we will do. :)

Dawn

Archived