Lots of questions!

norwane

We aren't "loyal" to any particular cruise line, and have sailed all the majors, except Princess & Disney.

That said, I've seen the suites on Royal & NCL and Carnival cannot touch them. IF (big if) I were in a position to book a suite, I would probably not do so on Carnival -

However, we are in LOVE (big love!) with Cloud9 and book the Cloud9 Spa balcony cabins almost exclusively now.

We have found that the other lines are more expensive than Carnival lately, and not by a small amount either. We aren't drinkers so throwing in a "free" beverage package is lost on us.

We are also fans of the more relaxed atmosphere on Carnival -

What is it you like about the spa?

What is it you like about the spa?

We are not big party people (we do however enjoy yoga and mediation), and have created a daily ritual for ourselves around Cloud9. After whatever we do during the day, (including our yoga session) at around 4pm (depending on the day of course), we saunter up to Cloud9 and spend about 90 minutes going from the T-pool to steam and sauna with our final "destination" the heated lounges. By this time we are chilled out beyond belief, go back to our cabin and take turns showering and dressing for dinner, most often we are able to catch the sunset from our balcony. Dinnertime is any-time-dining, and sometimes has included the pay options (the steakhouse or other offering, ship dependent). We sometimes catch a show, and really enjoy the comedy club. We are early to bed (usually) because we're the ones who are up watching the sunrise. But more often than not, we are hanging out quietly stargazing on those "hidden" decks at the front (or back) of the ship (or our balcony) before our personal last call.

Carnival's serenity adult area only has not tubs (no pool).

Actually, this depends on the ship. And the Pride, actually has a HUGE serenity area with a pool and a huge bar.

As for Carnival ... your TA lied. I love Carnival. Got 4 cruises booked right now, first is 75 days out and I can't wait.

I have also sailed: Royal, NCL, Holland and Costa. Carnival has the best vibe. I think Royal had more kids and families.

Carnival is my favorite ... Royal is a close second.

Cheers!

Jeff

Can answer #2:

Royal's solarium adult pool is lovely. Carnival's serenity adult area only has not tubs (no pool).

Spirit class ships (Spirit, Pride, Legend, and Miracle) do have a pool on Serenity. It is located all the way aft (back) and is wide open to the sun, the breeze, and the sound of the wake as the ship sails the ocean. This is one reason it is my favorite class of Carnival ships.

Hello~

Two of my friends and I will be doing a ladies week cruise on the Pride in January. :D It will be my first Carnival cruise, but I have been on RCI twice before. So, in the next few months, I'm sure I will have a boatload (pun intended! ;-) of questions, so I apologize in advance for being a PITA! :o

1. We are getting a suite on deck 6 in the AFT. How are the suites? I think I drew the short straw and will be getting the sofa. :rolleyes: How comfortable is that for sleeping?

2. My TA warned me against Carnival, saying that once people have gone on Carnival, they have never gone back - going to RCI,etc. instead. Is it really that bad?!

3. Are milkshakes included in Cheers? Where do you find them on the Pride, and how good are they really?

Thanks in advance for the help and advice! :)

It seems others have answered your questions, although I didn't read them all.

I just have a comment/question. How did you get lucky enough to get the couch? :rolleyes:

It would be nice to maybe alternate with the others for a spot in the bed.

Enjoy your cruise. For the most part, it will be what you all make it to be. :)

Spirit class ships (Spirit, Pride, Legend, and Miracle) do have a pool on Serenity. It is located all the way aft (back) and is wide open to the sun, the breeze, and the sound of the wake as the ship sails the ocean. This is one reason it is my favorite class of Carnival ships.

Yes, we love those Serenity areas. The Sunshine also has a small pool in her Serenity area, but it is very crowded.

We also like the Serenity on the Fantasy class. We like to sit in the shade under the overhang.

There are 2 hot tubs, but we are turned off by seeing people spend hours in them drinking beer, etc and never getting out to go to the restroom. :eek: