What's in the e-docs?

jael001

Hope you've been able to get it all straightened out. [emoji445]

Unfortunately not, it's now past the 24 hours I was told and still no sign of the documentation. I've emailed the guy again but not heard back yet.

You should only need your passports and credit card to board. E-docs aren't necessary.

Concentrate on confirming your flights with Monarch.

Yes, you need all boarding passes for the flights. Good luck [emoji177]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes, you need all boarding passes for the flights. Good luck [emoji177]

Celebrity have told me "The documents are not a mandatory requirement with monarch to board the aircraft. Your passport is all you need to embark the plane."

Let's hope so. I can't do online check in regardless as we didn't book direct.

Maybe it's a problem with Southampton embarkations. Last May, we never received our e-docs. Apparently, you need e-docs before you can request luggage tags online. I called Captain's Club and arranged for the luggage tags. Getting our Express Pass was not a problem. I think the e-docs resemble the multi-page document we used to receive in the mail (many long years ago). There is really nothing of value in them.

BTW, I am a US citizen and booked through a US TA.

Maybe it's a problem with Southampton embarkations. Last May, we never received our e-docs. Apparently, you need e-docs before you can request luggage tags online. I called Captain's Club and arranged for the luggage tags. Getting our Express Pass was not a problem. I think the e-docs resemble the multi-page document we used to receive in the mail (many long years ago). There is really nothing of value in them.

BTW, I am a US citizen and booked through a US TA.

I sometimes wonder how the Edocs are created. :) Last year, our Edocs for a Baltic Cruise on the Silhouette had the name of a Royal Carribean ship in the embarkation instructions :eek:

Monarch open their checkin 3 hours before and recommend you arrive no later than 2. If you haven't already got pre allocated seats (which I presume not because of all your issues), then I'd definitely get there early. I'd worry less about the ship documents as you can sort that with X when you arrive. Can X not just tell you/email the Monarch booking reference so you have something to work with should there be any problems at the airport? The rest of the docs are not such an issue.

Have you got your original invoice from Celebrity? There should be a flight booking reference on that.

Yes I do, I'll have that with me anyway, but the references don't look like Monarch's reference numbers.

Success!!!! I have my documents! I asked the guy I've been dealing with if anyone could access them and send them to me manually. I dont know for sure if that's what has been done but they've just arrived, 3 days before departure! I'm all set now. Thanks everyone for the help and advice, now I can relax. Just got to pack now.

Success!!!! I have my documents! I asked the guy I've been dealing with if anyone could access them and send them to me manually. I dont know for sure if that's what has been done but they've just arrived, 3 days before departure! I'm all set now. Thanks everyone for the help and advice, now I can relax. Just got to pack now.

Yeay, looks like your holiday is starting right now!