Hotel near Bayonne - Port Liberty Cruise Port

A Priceline search of Hotels near Newark Airport shows 106 Hotels in the Newark, Jersey City, Meadowlands area.

It also shows 121 Hotels if you search the Bayonne, NJ area...

Garmins Mapquest shows 50 places of lodging with 5 miles of the Newark Airport.

You could also check Trip Advisor...

Dennis

Typically on the East Coast forum we don't recommend using Priceline or Hotwire to get an unnamed hotel in the Newark area, which is a highly urban industrialized area. You must be selective about your hotel choice. A cheap hotel is exactly that in this area - a cheap hotel.

For reduced price options, LastMinuteTravel, aa.com, and United.com often have good prices for named hotels with liberal cancellation policies. I just got a great deal on a downtown Newark hotel for a Feb anthem cruise on United.com.

If you venture off to Secaucus or Jersey City, you will pay for your transportation to the hotel as well as to the port. IMO Secaucus is not worth it, but Jersey City is if you want to run into NYC and enjoy the ambiance of the Hudson River Waterfront.

Yes shuttle is shared. Coming back to the airport from the port we meet at"C". Ten passenger shuttle. Once full we roll so might have a wait. They run continuosly.😎

Being a small shuttle, running contnuously, the wait is probably not bad. Thanks, I may look into that if I ever decide I want to cruise out of Bayonne again.

We have always stayed at the Carlson Country Inn and Suites, probably 7 or 8 times. The hotel is older but they were doing renovations last year. They do a very good job with the transport to and from the port so that's important. The breakfast experience is terrible, just an FYI. Very crowded and the offerings weren't very good but since we are going on a ship in a few hours with more food than one could possibly eat, we don't care. Coffee and juice or cereal is fine. We drive to NJ so we do the park at the hotel and cruise package. Their parking is gated and fenced so it's very secure. :)

• 4 months later...
We also used Trinity Reservations for our stay at the Ramada Inn when sailing out of Bayonne. The hotel was clean and staff were very helpful. You get free shuttle to the port and free parking for up to 21 days. The hotel has a shuttle that will take you to NYC for the day and the cost was $25.00 per person the last time we did that.

Hello since you have used trinity and stayed at the ramada I was wondering how well the shuttles to and from port are? We are thinking of using the stay park and cruise next month. What time does the shuttle take you to port and when does it bring you back after debarkation ? We will want to get on the road back home fairly early. Did you use the shuttles to and from port ? I haven't heard any bad experiences with the trinity / ramada deal. Thanks for any input.

Hello since you have used trinity and stayed at the ramada I was wondering how well the shuttles to and from port are? We are thinking of using the stay park and cruise next month. What time does the shuttle take you to port and when does it bring you back after debarkation ? We will want to get on the road back home fairly early. Did you use the shuttles to and from port ? I haven't heard any bad experiences with the trinity / ramada deal. Thanks for any input.

We've did the Ramada stay cruise package through Trinity Reservations for both of our Anthem cruises last winter and are doing this again next week for our next Anthem cruise. You actually book your shuttle times going to and back from Cape Liberty. The hotel will advise you of what times are currently available.

We actually got out of the terminal a lot earlier than our booked time for one cruise since we breezed through customs and border security and were able to hop on a shuttle that had just arrived. Typically you call the hotel when out of the terminal and they advise you when you can expect their shuttle. The port traffic with its one road in is very congested so that will affect the shuttle's access to the port.

Edited by robtulipe