Changing Cruise

PhilbeachTraveller

We're booked to go on Journey next October. I booked at the Cruise Show in February using my Open Passage plus an extra £200 for a deposit. I'm thinking about bringing our cruise forward to May next year (different itinerary) but not sure if they'll let me. Has anyone done/tried this before and what happened?

Any info greatly appreciated.

We're booked to go on Journey next October. I booked at the Cruise Show in February using my Open Passage plus an extra £200 for a deposit. I'm thinking about bringing our cruise forward to May next year (different itinerary) but not sure if they'll let me. Has anyone done/tried this before and what happened?

I'm not sure if their policies are the same, but last year we had our travel agent change a cruise for us before our final payment was due. She had no problem, but Azamara charged $25 USD per person. Our TA picked up the charge for us though:) Good luck!

Given you're from the UK where deposits are non refundable (contrary to the US where the fee is only $25), I'm not sure. Best to call your travel agent or Azamara and ask.

UK booking conditions do cover this eventuality in that Azamara will endeavour to help you, however it does look as if it should be possible with a £75pp change fee, plus any costs for hotels and flights if included.

As others have said best to talk to your TA if you booked it that way or Azamara direct if not.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Riocca

Thanks everyone. I'll ring Azamara as I booked directly with them and see. I'm assuming it'll be £75pp to change but I did book flights with them but because it's over a year away, they will not have booked those yet (that's what they told me when I booked the cruise). If it means having to pay the flight costs, then I think I'll stick with next October! Will let you know what they say.

We booked our second choice cruise last Sunday online. Second choice was because there were no Veranda's left on our first choice.

Wife called Monday and they had a cancellation on our first choice and was switched for nothing. Good luck