Royal Princess Cabin L101

GoProCruiser

Hey everyone! I'm booked in cabin L101 for my 15 day Mediterranean cruise next June. The cabin is a forward facing balcony and it notes that the cabin is locked when not in port due to winds. Trust me, I've looked at YouTube videos of the room and have read that the balcony isn't locked during sea days. My question, how windy is it generally in the Mediterranean in June? We're in port 13 out of the 15 days so I'm hoping it won't be much of an issue! This is our first time with a forward facing balcony, first time being so far forward, and first time being so high up. This is a dream trip for us so we're super excited! Thanks for the help! Never cruised the Med before so this is all new to me! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey everyone! I'm booked in cabin L101 for my 15 day Mediterranean cruise next June. The cabin is a forward facing balcony and it notes that the cabin is locked when not in port due to winds. Trust me, I've looked at YouTube videos of the room and have read that the balcony isn't locked during sea days. My question, how windy is it generally in the Mediterranean in June? We're in port 13 out of the 15 days so I'm hoping it won't be much of an issue! This is our first time with a forward facing balcony, first time being so far forward, and first time being so high up. This is a dream trip for us so we're super excited! Thanks for the help! Never cruised the Med before so this is all new to me! Lol

The problem isn't wind when in port . But at sea during the night or if bad weather is run into.

We had a forward facing balcony on the Pacific Princess, and although the views were great, there was a lot of movement up front and if you're prone to sea sickness you might want to take lots of medicine with you. If you're not prone to motion sickness, you would probably be okay, on the Pacific Princess our balcony doors were never locked. Enjoy your cruise !!! I forgot to say our cruise was also in the Mediterrean in the fall.

Edited by 53sunset

Love the forward facing balcony.

We have had M108, M101 ( both Caribbean cruises) and L102 in April 2016 for a TA to Barcelona. I think you will really like this cabin since your cruise is so port intensive. Sailing into the new ports especially Lisbon and Gibraltar was amazing. The balcony is very private and large.

Easy access to breakfast buffet for those early morning excursions.

On port days wind was not a problem and we were usually up early and outside to view the new ports and after leaving port we stayed on balcony till sunset or later.

You will get a lot of exercise with this cabin.