11:55am MCO flight from PC (with Pre Check, car service, and self disembark)

babyblue78

So the title says it all..... we are booked on an American Airlines flight from MCO to Charlotte at 11:55am after disembarking from Freedom of the Seas at PC. We plan to self disembark, have Executive VIP booked for private car transfer, to MCO from the port, and DH and I both have TSA Pre Check. I didn't think that booking that close to noon would be an issue, but pending any major problems is this reasonable? I know everyone says noon or later, but I didn't think that 5 mins makes much difference? :cool:

Unless the ship is late or there are delays with customs, you will probably be at the airport by 9am.

We concur. Have done the same thing (we are from Concord) with no problems. We have also booked afternoon flights and had to sit around for hours - no fun. Yes, debarkation is sometimes delayed but that is not the norm. Planning for delays is like planning for a flat tire. It depends on how cautious you want to be. You have the odds way in your favor.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update.... Self-Disembarked this morning, was in line 6:30, started moving around 6:45 (Right on time). Was off ship and through Customs at 7:09. Executive VIP picked us up about 10 mins later and we were off for the airport. Uneventful ride, took about 15 mins to check in bags. TSA Precheck line had 3 people in front of us (regular line was already getting long), so breezed through security. Took the tram and at gate just before 8:30.... Easy peasey with time to spare, enjoyed leasurely breakfast at Ruby Tuesday.

Thought I would let everyone know how it turned out!

Edited by babyblue78
Fix typo

Just a quick update.... Self-Disembarked this morning, was in line 6:30, started moving around 6:45 (Right on time). Was off ship and through Customs at 7:09. Executive VIP picked us up about 10 mins later and we were off for the airport. Uneventful ride, took about 15 mins to check in bags. TSA Precheck line had 3 people in front of us (regular line was already getting long), so breezed through security. Took the tram and at gate just before 8:30.... Easy peasey with time to spare, enjoyed leasurely breakfast at Ruby Tuesday.

Thought I would let everyone know how it turned out!

Thanks for reporting back, and I'm glad to hear that Executive VIP worked out for you.