New Orleans Hotels

ApoJacks

Wife and I are preparing for our anniversary cruise (two months late!) in October. Going to New Orleans, planning on getting there on Friday night and spending Friday and Saturday in a hotel. Want a hotel that is 1) close to the port, 2) in a decent neighborhood, and 3) not overly expensive and not overly cheap. Go.

Anything in the French quarter you can't go wrong with. We usually stay at the following when we go to New Orleans: French Market Inn (staying here for our Aug 25 cruise), Place'd Armes, Hyatt French quarter. Check out some hotel booking websites and view the map. Enjoy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by sheeniwoo

Be aware that Hotel parking in/near the French Quarter can be expensive (up to $39 per day).

Check out Harrah's and checkout Staybridge Suites (free breakfast) next to Harrah's, both on the StreetCar routes and near French Quarter, Steamboat Natchez, House of Blues, etc.

Ken

We're driving, it is the last weekend in October.

Ouch....Voodoo Fest and Saints vs. Seahawks.

http://www.voodoofestival.com/

That's going to be an expensive weekend. I'm still looking for my room for Sunday night. I bet friday and saturday are even higher.

Driving you can pretty much stay anywhere since you don't need to be able to walk to the port or anything.

I don't know what your plan is for cruise parking. I park at Fulton Garage and take their free shuttle to the port. It's cheaper than parking at the port. It's also cheaper if you book and pay ahead of time than it is if you pull up the day of your cruise and pay.

http://www.neworleansparking.com

I'll take a look at some hotels and see what it's like for friday-saturday.

Better book it soo if you can still find anything. There are several festivals including the VooDoo Music festival, 3 different Vampire Balls and a whole host of other Halloween events in the city that weekend. Halloween is the second busiest time in New Orleans after Mardi Gras.

I like the La Quinta on Camp but I bet it's already booked out. Good luck!

Everything in the downtown, french quarter, warehouse district, garden district areas appears to be $200-400/night that weekend. Add on to that about 20-25% for taxes and fees..and $30-40/night for hotel parking.

Trivago is showing Sheraton on Canal for $172 which would be great but when you click on it....it says no rooms available.

Edited by Saint Greg

I booked a super expensive hotel....Priceline pay when you stay....any other recommendations for not being in New Orleans? Our check in time for Carnival is at 1030. So I want to get to the Fulton Garage by 945.

I think it depends on what you want to do/see while you are in NOLA. If you want to hang out in the quarter or Frenchmen st at all, I would just stay there or walking distance to it if possible.

Halloween weekend is going to be very difficult to navigate and find parking in the quarter so it's just easier to stay there versus stay. somewhere cheaper, drive in and pay to park or uber in for a surge price.

There are some hotels you might get for slightly under $200 near canal street across from the quarter. I would book anything you see at a cost you can manage because it's going to be fully booked. A VRBO or similar may give you more space for a similar fee to the hotels if you want to look into that.

good luck and have a great time!

yeah that's tough. parking is what it is. Halloween and city events, plus it's the weekend which is always more. maybe try finding some PL or Hotwire codes to take a little off.

Or from where are you driving? Maybe a place a couple hours out like, if from that side, Mobile or Biloxi? might find better deal there, then drive over morning of sail. That said keep looking and maybe you find something .. NOLA is great city, worth exploring. Good luck.