Charger device question

Kruising Krew

There is a regular outlet on Carnival to charge everything, just like the one at home. The newer ships have two outlets and also have the type used in Europe.

I take an orange multi plug because there is often only one plug and we can't renew both my kindle and husband's tablet in one outlet. There are 3 or 4 outlet plugs on my plug so we can charge both both at the same time.

Some people take a power strip but think it has to be one kind, not another.

Edited by Bonnie J.

IIRC this Anker 5 USB port is what many are now buying

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Charger-PowerPort-Multi-Port-Samsung/dp/B00VH958F0

We bring a three foot extension cord ($2 kind) that had three outlets at the end for the 110. We also bring a 220 Euro outlet splitter (with adapters) to use with our dual voltage stuff.

Sis uses a three plug strip outlet splitter ($2). I don't like it because it covers up both outlets.

As long as it has no surge protection, you'll be fine. Do not charge things unattended. The stewards will unplug them. YMMV.

Edited by SadieN

This is my current favorite. It is called a Power Cube. It comes in several different configurations, with and without the double USB ports, and with and without surge protection. You can get them on Amazon. I got mine in Radio Shack.

DSC00254_zpsjy6mbn9y.jpg

DSC00255_zpsk6klrqwp.jpg

It is about 2-1/4" on a side, and the nice thing is that you can rotate it, depending on how your outlet is set. It was nice on MSC Divina because the outlets were sideways!

My sister added this to it to give us two more USB ports. The only item we take that requires a regular outlet is my laptop. This one is made by GE and I picked up a second one in Kroger.

DSC00258_zps5cyaupbb.jpg

DSC00257_zpsnwjppfvg.jpg

Bonus, it gives you a nightlight! EM

I recommend the use of multiple outlet chargers such as the Anker noted above. Sabrent is another good brand. Beware that many of the low cost ones that look similar do not have the internal circuitry that makes the Anker and Sabrent better buys.

If you go this route, get at least a 40W/8Amp version. Also note whether the USB plugs are hard-wired for specified current draws or if they are intelligently managed by internal circuitry. If hard wired, be sure to find out the specific draw of the USB outlet rather than a generic "iPad" or "Apple" or "Android" label on the port. This is important because different devices (most notably iPads) have specific power requirements. You will need 2.1 amps for iPads - many little "blocks" have as little as 0.5 amp of current flow. You get what you pay for.

My Anker works great and I only have to take one "brick" and I get five ports that allow for both USB and Lightning cables.

This is my current favorite. It is called a Power Cube. It comes in several different configurations, with and without the double USB ports, and with and without surge protection. You can get them on Amazon. I got mine in Radio Shack.

DSC00254_zpsjy6mbn9y.jpg

DSC00255_zpsk6klrqwp.jpg

It is about 2-1/4" on a side, and the nice thing is that you can rotate it, depending on how your outlet is set. It was nice on MSC Divina because the outlets were sideways!

My sister added this to it to give us two more USB ports. The only item we take that requires a regular outlet is my laptop. This one is made by GE and I picked up a second one in Kroger.

DSC00258_zps5cyaupbb.jpg

DSC00257_zpsnwjppfvg.jpg

Bonus, it gives you a nightlight! EM

If getting one of these you need to be aware of which one(s) have a surge protector built in and which one(s) don't, which is preferable for cruises.