Stateroom audio

ahoymatey3

On the Summit i am not aware of any piped in music and in fact there are no announcements that go directly in your room few announcements overall which is something I love about Celebrity.

Hi all. Do the regular cabins on Millennium have piped in music channels, similar to what is found on HAL? Can announcements be turned off? Thanks!

I've been on three X ships and there was no piped in music in any of the cabins I was in. They do have facilities for in-cabin announcements, but they only use them for emergencies: I think the only in-cabin announcement you'll hear the entire trip is the call to the muster drill and also an annoucement explaining a crew emergency drill that passengers should ignore. Other than that, it's blissfully peaceful...no calls to bingo and so on. The captain makes a position statement at noon, followed by a brief spiel by the cruise director, but it's mercifully short and I only recall hearing it in the corridors and in public areas.

Hi, AM3 - agree that there are the three music channels on the TV: Jazz, Pop and Country (?). They play the Jazz music behind the bridge-cam channel as well, which is nice. Of course, the music is only as good as the speakers on the TV, which aren't that good. If you have any extra room in your luggage, it's really nice to bring some iPod speakers, assuming you have an iPod! We've also used our laptop computer's speakers to play our MP3 selections, which were better than the TV's speakers. The suites above Sky Suites have nice mini sound systems if you remember to bring CDs, or you could probably plug in your MP3 player to the sound system.

No in-cabin announcements except for emergencies. The captain's noon-time announcement, along with any other (blessedly infrequent) announcements such as the naturalist's glacier commentary in Alaska, are only heard in public spaces, and on the bridge-cam channel on TV.

I'm one of the 3 people on the planet that doesn't own an ipod :eek:

I'll have to suffer through... As long as I have a little jazz to primp for dinner by, I'll be fine.

Can you believe 3 weeks and 1 day from now we will be on the ship! I can hardly stand it.

Archived