Tampa hotel/transportation question

KCMiller

We're arriving the day before our cruise this September, and plan on having dinner in Ybor City. But I'm having trouble with the logistics of this. Here are what I THINK are our options - please let me know if I'm missing some better option, and what you would recommend:

1. Pick a hotel that has a shuttle from the airport, but have to take a cab to and from Ybor City for dinner, then a cab to the port the next morning.

2. Pick a hotel near Ybor City so we can walk to the restaurant, but have to take a cab from the airport and a cab to the port

3. Pick a hotel near the port with shuttle service to the port, but have to take a cab from the airport and a cab to and from the restaurant.

Perfect would be a hotel that has a shuttle for the 'surrounding area' that would cover both Ybor City and the port the next morning - does anyone know of one like that?

I have reservations at the Columbia Restaurant that evening, but I'm open to suggestions!

TIA,

KC

Not sure if any hotel will meet all of your needs.

There is a Hampton Inn in Ybor City that is often suggested for cruisers. If they do not offer an airport shuttle the cab fare will be about $25 from TPA. Not sure if they offer a cruise shuttle - Ybor is very close to the port.

My husband and I are cruising out of Tampa this December. We're driving down and staying at the Embassy Suites downtown. We're meeting friends for dinner at Columbia the night before we cruise. We've been told there is a trolley that runs through downtown (right in front of our hotel) that runs into Ybor with a stop about 2 blocks from Columbia. We're thinking about doing that instead of driving there.

My husband and I are cruising out of Tampa this December. We're driving down and staying at the Embassy Suites downtown. We're meeting friends for dinner at Columbia the night before we cruise. We've been told there is a trolley that runs through downtown (right in front of our hotel) that runs into Ybor with a stop about 2 blocks from Columbia. We're thinking about doing that instead of driving there.

Thanks, I think this will be perfect!

KC

The Embassy Suites is very nice and there is also the Marriott Waterside right across the street that is very nice too.

The trolley line runs right in front of both these hotels.

Have a great cruise!!

Thanks - and they were running a book online special, so our room was only $116 with tax. For a lovely hotel with cocktails in the evening and a full hot made to order breakfast in the morning, this was a great deal! And an Uber to the port will come in at less that $10!

KC