Post MIA cruise with late FLL flight

bandjwayne

My family (2 adults in 30s & 2 boys ages 7&10) is cruising in January out of Miami with flights through Fort Lauderdale airport. My question is what should we do to kill time before our 6pm flight back? I know that FLL airport is small & crazy busy so they don't let you into the airport very early. Carnival does have a few excursions that might work, but they leave around 8am & only last ~4 hours so we'll be done pretty early. Does anyone have experience with these? I'd love other suggestions as well please!

Thx!

My family (2 adults in 30s & 2 boys ages 7&10) is cruising in January out of Miami with flights through Fort Lauderdale airport. My question is what should we do to kill time before our 6pm flight back? I know that FLL airport is small & crazy busy so they don't let you into the airport very early. Carnival does have a few excursions that might work, but they leave around 8am & only last ~4 hours so we'll be done pretty early. Does anyone have experience with these? I'd love other suggestions as well please!

Thx!

You might consider renting a car...pick it up near POM and return it to FLL...With two little's this is what I would do...get off early pick up the car and consider going to one of the airboat everglades tours...have lunch and enjoy the day on your own...Check Groupon for a discount on one of these....so much fun and so many options for a day in Florida..make the most of it.

Edited by Ashland

No car rental at POM - but several close by, including Avis, in downtown Miami - about a $12 cab ride if they do not shuttle. National, Alamo & Thrifty offer free shuttles (show the driver your rental papers) from POM to their MIA airport location.

No car rental at POM - but several close by, including Avis, in downtown Miami - about a $12 cab ride if they do not shuttle. National, Alamo & Thrifty offer free shuttles (show the driver your rental papers) from POM to their MIA airport location.

I believe my post said "near POM" I know there's no rental agency at POM ;) Just thought I would clarify this so there's no confusion.

I believe my post said "near POM" I know there's no rental agency at POM ;) Just thought I would clarify this so there's no confusion.

Saw that but wanted to fill in a few details/options (downtown vs. airport). Happy cruising! :)

We will have same situation . Renting car sounds like a good option , as does the Everglades . Any other suggestions in Jan. ? We will have our 11 yr old son .

Edited by bonsai1