Carnival Valor Cabins 6224/6227

dcward89

I have booked the Feb. 2, 2017 3 day Bahamas cruise on Carnival for myself and 3 girlfriends. We wanted the cheapest rooms on the ship as we don't anticipate being in the room except for sleeping and showering. That would be a 1A which is an upper and lower bed. Do you have an opinion on the comfort level of the upper bunk?

Also, cabin location...6224 and 6227 are directly over the theater but are more in the back stage area than the actual performing stage area. Do you think there will be issues with noise from the theater? We don't anticipate early bed times...probably 11pm or later.

I have booked the Feb. 2, 2017 3 day Bahamas cruise on Carnival for myself and 3 girlfriends. We wanted the cheapest rooms on the ship as we don't anticipate being in the room except for sleeping and showering. That would be a 1A which is an upper and lower bed. Do you have an opinion on the comfort level of the upper bunk?

The upper bunk is a Pullman bed. It's a thin mattress on a metal frame. If you don't have any back problems they are o.k. to sleep on. You also need to be fit enough to climb up and down and not be too restless of a sleeper. I would compare the comfort of sleeping on a Pullman bed to throwing a sleeper sofa mattress on a tile floor.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Cindy,

I was in room 6227 on the Valor five years ago. It was terribly noisy from the theater below until after 1:00 a.m. each night. I complained after nights 1, 2 and 3 and was told there were no open rooms to move me to. Finally on night 4 a room opened up (not sure how!) and they moved me. And it had a balcony! Lovely.

If you don't plan to go to the late shows and want to hit the sack on the early side, this cabin is not a good choice. But if you like to stay up late into the night, it should be OK after the shows end.

BerthaH

• 3 weeks later...

Question Carnival Valor connecting cabins

Good afternoon fellow cruisers. We will be traveling as a family of 4 during March 2017, and was interested in the staterooms with connecting rooms for our 2 kid's, that are 10 and 17, any suggestions, or recommendations for cabins that will be roomy enough but not real pricey. Thanks