What time will I get off the ship

margaret10987

We are sailing on the Breeze out of Galveston this April. I will need to book a shuttle from Galveston Port to IAH. How will I know what time to book the shuttle? My travel plans are to stay in a hotel near IAH one night after the cruise and Carnival knows that from my check in information. Will Carnival schedule me for a late departure time since I do not have a flight to catch that day? Thanks in advance for your experiences.

There is really no way to accurately determine what time you will be able to debark the ship. Anything from weather to customs could delay the time you are allowed off. Under normal circumstances and assuming you do self assisted debarkation, you would likely be off around 9:00. If you do not do self assist, it will all depend on when your group is called. Most shuttles seem to be like a merry-go-round at the port! They run from port to hotel/airport back to port. When we have used a shuttle, we book the company, not the time. Whenever we get outside we wait until the shuttle comes around and hop on.

Hope this helps a little! [emoji2]

We are sailing on the Breeze out of Galveston this April. I will need to book a shuttle from Galveston Port to IAH. How will I know what time to book the shuttle? My travel plans are to stay in a hotel near IAH one night after the cruise and Carnival knows that from my check in information. Will Carnival schedule me for a late departure time since I do not have a flight to catch that day? Thanks in advance for your experiences.

When you go to "Manage My Cruise" to complete and print out your cruise documents, one of the things you'll be asked to provide is flight information. What airline? Arrival time (prior to Embarkation) and departure time (after Debarkation)? Since you're not flying out until the day after your cruise has ended, you'll likely be among the last off of the ship, probably around 10:00 a.m. If you want to book the shuttle for a specific time, allow yourself enough time to get off of the ship, go to baggage claim to get your luggage, and go through Customs. To be safe, allow at least 45 minutes to an hour (but it could take less time). So, if you debark the ship at 10:00 a.m. (for example), schedule your shuttle pick up for 11:00 a.m. Better to have to wait 10 or 15 minutes for your shuttle than to have the shuttle driver wait for you.