Playing Cards or Games

CozGurl

Wow, I have no intention of being rude in anyway while playing cards. Just looking for some place (preferably outside if the weather is nice) to have fun.

We will however sit at our dining table as long as we please. I wouldn't presume to tell someone how long they can linger at a table. We are on vacation and paying just as much for our experience as anyone else. We are not on lunch break from work where we have to hurry.

Sometimes when we go out to eat we sit and have a drink and chat for 30 minutes before we order. I know that won't be possible in the MDR, but I'd certainly not expect to chastised for spending my dining time the way I enjoy at any other eating area.

Sorry for the thread interruption...back to finding places to have fun!

The best place my family liked to play was up in the pasta bar on the dream after hours... not sure if you can still do that (not sure if it's been turned into a specialty place or not). But any non-busy time in the buffet area in a tucked away corner is also a perfect place to play. You might gain a following and people cheering you on! I'd avoid outside if your game is lightweight and might blow away!

I have to agree. During high traffic times the space should be used for its main purpose, enjoying a meal. It is very annoying g to see a single individual sitting at a 4 top reading by a window just reading or lounging while others are trying to find a seat to enjoy a meal.

Perhaps that's just life in a "me" based culture.

Agreed.

When we were on the dream last year, we played cards in the atrium area (?) near the guest services desk-- they have chairs set up with a table between them and you should be able to accommodate 4 people there. Also, there is a bar right there so you don't have to go far to get a drink :)

And you get to hear the weird stuff going on at GS. An encursion unto itself.

You could check out the night clubs and lounges. I know I've gone to them during the day and the doors were open but there wasn't any staff so obviously they weren't crowded. Especially the aft lounge, it's huge and unless there is a comedy show it's not used.

I was on a ship where they had a room with tables and chairs and the nameplate by the door said "card room", I think it was on the Mariner of the Seas. I thought it was nice that there was a room dedicated to playing cards and games, all ships should have them.

I enjoy reading in the ship's library and it is hard to concentrate if others are in there playing cards or board games. I normally read on our balcony, as 99% of the time it's truly quiet out there. :) But, if we have an inside stateroom then I'm hunting for a place to spend an hour or two in the afternoon reading, and sometimes it's difficult to find a quiet place. There is music always being played/piped in so again, hard to concentrate.

As for busy times in the buffet and people taking up a table playing cards/games, does that really happen very often? If it's a busy time in the buffet people are constantly coming and going, it's not like everyone sits down at once. Make another round and chances are someone is leaving and you can have the table. We've had that happen to us before, having a difficult time finding an empty table but we just make another round and within a minute or two we manage to find someone vacating their table.

We are traveling with another couple and we LOVE to play cards and games. We are not quite players and we like our cocktails so where would you suggest to do that on the Dream? Would we find tables outside somewhere that would be suitable or do we need to find a bar?

In June, we played in Ocean's Plaza during the day. At night after dinner we sat in the Aft part of the Lido buffet, right by the entrance to the Aft pool. We had easy access to the Aft bar and we didn't bother any one!