Power outlets on the Indy

We used a six-gang UK socket attached to a EU 2 pin plug. This was 230v.

The US socket is 110v so provides lower power - i.e. hairdryers aren't as powerful (I know - 1st world problems ;) )

Sockets are low to the dressing table are so if a fixed lead is quite bulky it can sometime be difficult to plug straight in as there isn't enough leeway for the lead (hope that makes sense)

I assumed all RC ships have US power sockets only? I have a stack of Poundland's finest US adaptors at the ready!

Most of the ships we have been on have both US and Euro sockets. Indy has two US sockets and one Euro socket at the desk area.

Hi

I have read that there seems to be an issue for uk cruisers getting their euro adapters to fit the sockets in the cabin? Has anyone figured out what the issue is?

Many thanks

Sue

I believe that due to the large size of UK plugs, and their right angle nature, and the fact mentioned above about the closeness of the outlet to the desk top, you end up having to rotate the adapter so that the cord from your UK plug points up, which can be a little unsightly.

Currently on Indy and using euro adapters for ipad and iPhone chargers, hairdryer, straighteners, assorted other power adapters and a nightlight and have had no problem with any so it may be only very specific devices/applications that present a problem. Using cheapest adapters from 99p.