Check in time question

lele100

We also have a cruise reserved for 2017 and the check in time is not available, and I know that our port is one doing staggered check in. I believe ours is not available because we have not fully paid for our cruise yet. If you're in the same boat, that may be the reason.

Staggered check-in is not being done at all ports (yet).

And if you mean for the Vista, John Heald previously stated it would be added at a yet unannounced date.

Ok thanks it is in Miami so I know they have it, but it is the Vista, he didn't give any ideas when it might be added?

Thanks

How well does the staggered check-in work? Haven't done it yet. Booked an 11:00 - 11:30 in October. Does it really speed things up and help reduce the super long lines?

It is great.....BUT (and you knew a BUT was coming) it only works as well if people use that melon between their shoulders....If you don't have a "priority" boarding pass and you get a 2 pm checkin time, don't show up at the terminal at 10 am. They wont let you in and those people will whine and moan how Carnival is the worst cruise line and this staggered check in is horrible. While I don't have privy info to why Carnival did this, I can only imagine it was to manage the herd more successfully. Go to literally any port and you will have people lined up at 8 am waiting to board

Edited by First and Ten

It is great.....BUT (and you knew a BUT was coming) it only works as well if people use that melon between their shoulders....If you don't have a "priority" boarding pass and you get a 2 pm checkin time, don't show up at the terminal at 10 am. They wont let you in and those people will whine and moan how Carnival is the worst cruise line and this staggered check in is horrible. while I don't have privy info to why Carnival did this, I can only imagine it was to manage the herd more successfully. Go to literally any port and you will have people lined up at 8 am waiting to board

We'll be there at the time selected, I'm good about that. I did Oasis in July and it was a LONG line... we had Suite class so avoided it, but would prefer not to get stuck in a crazy long line with the kids. Staggered sounds good, so I'm looking forward to checking it out.

We also have a cruise reserved for 2017 and the check in time is not available, and I know that our port is one doing staggered check in. I believe ours is not available because we have not fully paid for our cruise yet. If you're in the same boat, that may be the reason.

Being fully paid is NOT a requirement to pick a check-in time.