Wine on Standard Beverage Package

ellenh

I'm trying to choose between buying a Standard beverage package or going with Classic or Premium wine packages on my upcoming T/A. The beverage packages are discounted 30% (but not wine packages) which makes the choice a little more difficult.

I'm not a big spirits drinker (mostly wine or beer) but I do enjoy an occasional mojito or rum punch. If anyone has actually had the Standard package could you give me an idea of what wines are available? Is it strictly limited to "house" chardonnay/sauvignon blanc/merlot/cabernet or are there other choices (shiraz? carmenere?) Is there a sparkling wine/prosecco?

In terms of cocktails would I be able to get something simple like a cosmopolitan or mojito at any bar?

Thanks for your help. I know there are a lot of beverage package threads (and I did try searching) but there doesn't seem to be much input on what exactly I can get with the Standard package.

I have not had the Standard but have had the Classic package a few times and felt the wines included in that package were very limited. I know the only sparkling wine on the Classic is a prosecco.

I think your guess on the types of house wines is probably correct.

The wine selections on the Classic beverage package are few but you will have no problem in finding one to your liking. Of course, selections on the Premium package are greater and it is better quality wine. I like to start most dinners with a glass of "bubbly" with my appetizer, move on to a couple glasses of either red or white, and finish with a dessert sauterne. Makes sense to have the Premium package.

Edited by Sandtrap328

We are on a TA this coming November on the Silhouette and the website showed a great price for the drinks packages. I would say about 30% less than usual price. So don't delay. Not sure how long this offer will last.

Just a heads up it doesn't indicate there is a discount you just need to see what the day rate is showing Premium package is showing $45 a day instead of the usual $65. Other packages were also discounted

Take a look

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by jackieo

Thanks for the responses. There is a lot of information out there regarding the Classic and Premium beverage packages but I was specifically asking about the "Standard" package which is normally $45/day but is discounted for my T/A to ~$31/day. I'm thinking it might be a good fit for my reasonably indifferent attitude toward brands of spirits. However, if the wines in that package are truly undrinkable then we are probably better off getting a wine package and forgetting all-you-can-drink beverage packages entirely.

My guess is that the Standard package includes the same list that is available in the Elite lounge--a few cocktails, well drinks and house wines.

I'm just wondering if anybody is on a ship now could ask a bartender what wines are included in the Standard (Not Classic or Premium) package. Probably a long shot but it's worth a try.

Thanks all!

You can always upgrade onboard if the choices are not to your taste. I never liked my Chardonnay at the Martini bar....my friends were happy there. So...I went to Cellar Masters and found a wine that I loved. I could not leave with the fancy glass, but she would give me a (go cup) .... A regular wine glass.

At our table, there was no difference to the wine poured for dinner. I had the regular package and my table mates had premium...we got the same wine. It was a large group though.