Pokemon Go ?

kunash

Hi, this is a urgent question for my kids, (and for myself).

We are due on the Oasis of the Seas today. Can we catch pokemons out at sea (Caribbean), and are there any pokestops on the ship?

Thanks

Hi, this is a urgent question for my kids, (and for myself).

We are due on the Oasis of the Seas today. Can we catch pokemons out at sea (Caribbean), and are there any pokestops on the ship?

Thanks

Pokestops are tied to a specific geographic location so there is no possibility of one on a moving ship. Pokemon, possible but unlikely. Look for both while in ports.

Pokestops are tied to a specific geographic location so there is no possibility of one on a moving ship. Pokemon, possible but unlikely. Look for both while in ports.

Assuming you won't get hit with roaming charges in foreign ports. If you are stopping in Mexico and have AT&T, be sure to activate the free Mexico roaming on each phone (1gb of data, I believe, for free).

Assuming you won't get hit with roaming charges in foreign ports. If you are stopping in Mexico and have AT&T, be sure to activate the free Mexico roaming on each phone (1gb of data, I believe, for free).

True. Wouldn't want to incur huge roaming charges to catch a Pikachu. My next cruise stops in Puerto Rico and St Martin so no worries for me except in Nassau.

If you have T-Mobile, international data and texting is totally free in just about every country you would visit. I think that goes for just about all their common "simple choice" and business plans. It's great when cruising.

This tweet was retweeted by Royal a few weeks back so it looks like it is definitely possible. I do not know whether this was while the ship was at sea or in port.

First day of the cruise so could have been in the port in Miami still, but who knows. I was recently at a lake in Oregon in the middle of nowhere. There was actually a Pokestop there, about 100 yards from our cabin, but for the entire week we were there we never saw a single pokemon without throwing out a lure or incense. Was rather disappointing. Had to kill time with horrible stuff like enjoying nature instead. lol I have a feeling the ship will be the same way.

Oops, already an article about it right here in Cruise Critic!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7126&UTM_Source=Social&UTM_Medium=Facebook&UTM_Campaign=Cruise

It now just uses your shared data, not restricted to 1GB.

If you want to know if you can catch them in the port you are going to. Just goggle pokeman(country name) and it will tell you if it set up there. I check for my up coming cruise and i think it will be fun to catch some in other country. Have fun

Just a little update, to those that like Pokemon Go. I am now onboard the Oasis, and on any MOVING ship you can use an incense and the pokemon will pop up every minute. May have to log in repeatedly. and you get RARE ones, as well as the usual regular ones. No incense, no pokemon ( may get an odd one if you are lucky ). No pokestops on the ship.

and sadly we do not have internet, or 3/4g in the ports so cannot catch any local ones.