emergency situation Sinfonia 5th of Aug. 2016

zangjuf

:eek:

During first seating on the Synfonia we were hit by a hurricane on sea beteen Ancona and Venice! We didn't believed our eyes, we saw it come roling in over te sea and then the ship hels over to the right side, it went higher and highe, everything started to fall,or glide, even sitting on a chair i had to hold on! Normally with rough sea we look at the waiters and we know we were still fine. This time even the waiters had big eyes and one of them only stuttered mamma,mamma and told us he never saw it before and he sailed a long time!

Fortunatly the Captain and his staf saved us and got us in normal position!

And confirmed the emergency situation was under controle! Never the less, the ship was a mess, but was verry fast cleaned, even high officers were taking part in it bravo!!

But our family also the other guest around us were complitely surprised and shocked, is there anyone who did make a photo or video??

A bit strange, but family won't believe us!!

All well, glad we are able to cruise again and not ended:) on the Sinfonia

This is the first I've heard of the incident. So glad nothing serious came about as a result and everyone was unhurt. Thank you for posting - I'm on Sinfonia soon and was taken aback when I saw the thread title.

I was verry surprised that i couldn't find anything on CC, of it??

there were a lot of first time cruisers on board, perhaps that explains it?

Hope you have a wonderful time next sail on Stnfonia, animation team is great en verry funny.

I was verry surprised that i couldn't find anything on CC, of it??

there were a lot of first time cruisers on board, perhaps that explains it?

Hope you have a wonderful time next sail on Stnfonia, animation team is great en verry funny.

Thanks, Zangjuf ................. I'm looking forward to my first cruise on a Lirica class ship.

Good to hear about the animation team. I usually get involved with them and have been persuaded a couple of times to act as a judge in the competitions they organise onboard at night. :)

:eek:

During first seating on the Synfonia we were hit by a hurricane on sea beteen Ancona and Venice! We didn't believed our eyes, we saw it come roling in over te sea and then the ship hels over to the right side, it went higher and highe, everything started to fall,or glide, even sitting on a chair i had to hold on! Normally with rough sea we look at the waiters and we know we were still fine. This time even the waiters had big eyes and one of them only stuttered mamma,mamma and told us he never saw it before and he sailed a long time!

Fortunatly the Captain and his staf saved us and got us in normal position!

And confirmed the emergency situation was under controle! Never the less, the ship was a mess, but was verry fast cleaned, even high officers were taking part in it bravo!!

But our family also the other guest around us were complitely surprised and shocked, is there anyone who did make a photo or video??

A bit strange, but family won't believe us!!

All well, glad we are able to cruise again and not ended:) on the Sinfonia

Wow sounds a little scary.

Beste zangjuf,

Ook wij waren daar op dit moment, het heeft even moeten duren voordat ik kon reageren, want ik ben nieuw op deze site en moest mij eerst registreren. Ik ben ook overal aan het zoeken naar informatie en beeldmateriaal, maar heb weinig kunnen vinden.

Het was onze eerste en tevens laatste cruise. Er is nog geen nacht voorbij gegaan dat ik er niet wakker van lig. Ik zou graag rechtstreeks met je in contact treden, kan dat ook?

Met vriendelijke groet,

pip23

I found this piece about the storm in a review on another site:

Just to add a final note on our last night we hit an electrical storm which made the ship tilt on it side for about 20 mins which many of the passengers found frightening, were historical[sic] and were screaming and crying, it was disturbing but we did not feel frightened by the experience the captain managed to manoeuvre the ship away from the storm wth ease, a possible wind change may have caused this issues.

What was a little disappointing was the speed in which those staff on the decks responded to passengers panic and the lack of any announcement until such time as the situation had stabilised.