Post Final Payment Price Reduction Win!

ATL123456

Saved $750 after final payment! And X was really nice and helpful!

My October TA on Refelction had price drop of $1200 for solo 1A cabin with residency discount. I did a courtesy hold on new cabin then called to check on cancelling existing. Only penalty was $450 deposit.

Instead of just cancelling my existing so I could go book the hold, the agent went out of his way to transfer my existing payment to a new reservation so I did not have to recharge new amount and wait for refund. I didn't even have to ask him to do this. He also worked to get me the same cabin I already had (and really wanted - 8345). So, instead of lots of hassle, they took care of everything and refunded me the difference of $750.

This is my first X cruise and so far I am really happy with the customer service!

Edited by ATL123456

Saved $750 after final payment! And X was really nice and helpful!

My October TA on Refelction had price drop of $1200 for solo 1A cabin with residency discount. I did a courtesy hold on new cabin then called to check on cancelling existing. Only penalty was $450 deposit.

Instead of just cancelling my existing so I could go book the hold, the agent went out of his way to transfer my existing payment to a new reservation so I did not have to recharge new amount and wait for refund. I didn't even have to ask him to do this. He also worked to get me the same cabin I already had (and really wanted - 8345). So, instead of lots of hassle, they took care of everything and refunded me the difference of $750.

This is my first X cruise and so far I am really happy with the customer service!

That is great news! Enjoy your cruise!

Happy customers are indeed repeat customers. Our upcoming Western Med cruise took a big drop about 4 weeks after final payment. Since we were in the 50% penalty window re-booking was not an option but after a bit of a push our TA got Celebrity to move us and our friends from 1A to A1 so we get our first taste of Aqua Class. Yep, that makes me happy

Happy customers are indeed repeat customers. Our upcoming Western Med cruise took a big drop about 4 weeks after final payment. Since we were in the 50% penalty window re-booking was not an option but after a bit of a push our TA got Celebrity to move us and our friends from 1A to A1 so we get our first taste of Aqua Class. Yep, that makes me happy

I try not to look at the price drops after final payment so I don't cry :eek: Our up coming cruise in a Aqua 1 stateroom is being offered at less then half the price we paid. I have never seen such crazy price drops for a 14 day Med cruise. Lots of supply on certain cruises currently with little demand. Aqua Class is great as long as you are not under the Gym Oceanview Café or Pool areas. You will love Blu, enjoy your cruise :)

Edited by happy 2 b cruising

Half price or 50%? You should have gotten a trip insurance with "cancel for any reason" option. You get refunded for 75%. so you only lose 25% on price reduction:):)

We always have trip insurance and location of rooms is Aqua can be quite a problem so we did not cancel. We also have Choice Air attached to the reservation which would have been a major problem.

On the bright side, we upgraded to a Sky Suite for a little extra money from the original price we paid for a Aqua 1 cabin.