has anyone's butler snuck them bottled water

luckyinpa

i fully plan on prepaying for a case to be in my suite, i do have a drinking problem and i admit it. just dont know how long 24 bottles will last. (i presume we are allowed to take these into bermuda?)

so i was just wondering if anyone had an experience with the butler sneaking them free bottled water :)

of course since i now have UDP i may decide to try some new drinks but i'm not much of a boozer normally. id gladly trade the booze for unlimited bottled water.

There is one member here that got the free bottle of water in their suite replenished upon consumption on one cruise, but that's the only case I've heard of, never experienced or seen that happen myself.

We ask our butler to exchange the free wine we receive in our suite for either bottled water or diet soda and they always do. Likewise for our Platinum dinners for 2 at Le Bistro, we ask for San Pellegrino instead of the wine and they always do that. I would NEVER EVER ask anyone on a ship to sneak something...good grief. If you can't afford the water by the rules, then don't cruise, or drink from the tap or the buffet water dispenser. Good grief!

You can carry the water off the ship, but bottled water is readily available in Bermuda (almost surely for cheaper than what you pay on the ship) so it doesn't make a lot of sense to use your onboard supply for your 3 days in port if you are worried that 24 liters is not enough for the week. (It sounds like way more than enough to me for two people to drink over 7 days, but I am aware that you are not an average person with ordinary needs.)

Don't buy more than you need each day in port, because they will not let you bring the leftovers back on board.

oh i had heard bermuda was expensive and assumed it would cost more there. if not then i dont need the full case likely.

i guess i need to start drinking at home to build up my booze tolerance. one smell of booze and i'm out. can anyone recommend a how to start drinking class :)

There is one member here that got the free bottle of water in their suite replenished upon consumption on one cruise, but that's the only case I've heard of, never experienced or seen that happen myself.

Yes, happened to me. I drank all the bottled water and the next day another bottle appeared. I didn't ask for it and it really wouldn't have mattered if it showed up or not, because I always request a pitcher of water and iced tea to be refreshed daily in my suite.

We had our butler keep a pitcher of water and unsweetened iced tea in our fridge. We brought refillable water bottles to take with us off the boat in Bermuda and used what was in the fridge to fill them up. We also had water with every meal alongside our favorite alcoholic beverage of choice. ;)