Carnival Bookings Robust Despite Zika Scare

Cruiseathoning

Looking to book a cruise expecting a potential lull in occupancy, but am finding no such thing across the board. Even to Caribbean countries known to be dealing with Zika, and cruises out of Miami with localized Zika, there seems to be no drop in demand.

A nice interior can be had for a strong $500ish pp or so, which seems to be commensurate, if not underpriced, for what Carnival is now providing. I am not exactly sure if I love all of the 2.0 changes, but the lunch variety is incredible and their pizza is always homemade and fresh and you have to try to be bored day in day out.

This just means the cruiser is not buying what is being sold by the media, and even in the peak of hurricane season, seems to be unfazed by breathless reports of infections and flooding.

I am not really disappointed, as I don't want the country to be directed by fear, and the strong economy is supporting higher demand being returned to us in better amenities, and upgraded ships.

Some disagree but I will take a Guy's Burger over a pillow chocolate any day.

Zika is no big deal unless you are pregnant or trying to become pregnant, so I'm not too surprised. One of the perks of being childfree is not having to worry about Zika...personally there are diseases that worry me more, but you can't live your whole life in a plastic bubble either.

back on forth on Royal Allure vs. Dream. In the end will the extra money be worth the hassle of flying when Dream will provide fun for a fair cost?

The Oasis class on RCI is something special, I would sail the Allure again in a heartbeat. To me it is worth the extra cost, at least once.

Luckily, I am way beyond the age to be concerned with Zika, but if I were much younger I might rethink a cruise to the areas affected. I really can't say what I would do.

Only people who are pregnant, plan on getting pregnant (or impregnating someone) have any reason to be scared of the Zika virus. For the rest of us, we can cruise as usual with no worries because the virus is harmless otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app