Guaranteed cabins

32Knocker

Hello,

Good news, you are on the cruise! However, you may not know your exact cabin number until you reach the pier. Keep checking online periodically, we received ours last year 2 months before sail date...our friends, not until the AM of departure. Also, a guarantee room may not garner an upgrade in cabin assignment, so verify that you will be happy with any cabin in your category selected.

Edited by Cruseforme

We frequently book a GTY category G room. My memory is a little fuzzy now as to the exact timing for when we were given our room number, but I'd say it has ranged from the morning before the cruise to perhaps 10 days pre-cruise.

I would not hesitate to book a GTY, although don't automatically expect an upgrade. However, we've had modest but generally good results booking a GTY in the G (low decks, inside cabins). However, we are OK with getting our room last minute and don't care if we end up with a forward/aft/middle room or one that has a modest view but is slightly smaller than the G rooms. (In some categories on some ships, some ocean-view cabins are a bit smaller than inside cabins. If space concerns you, check the deck plans.)

In some cases, if there are vacant cabins in higher-graded cabins, you may get a call in the 1 to 3 weeks pre-cruise asking if you want to upgrade for a reasonable upcharge amount. If you're interested, you need to say yes quickly.

I was informed by the staff at O that it you have a guarantee cabin status, that they will "generally" assign you a cabin about 6 days prior to sailing.

However, I have never worried...and am happy to wait till I get to the pier.

Rest at ease because your on the cruise and going...you wont get shut-out.

Relax, in this world on instant gratification its easy to get wound up over not being given an answer in nano seconds...... Take a deep breath and sleep well.