Early Check in Honolulu Hotels

rumpelstiltskin

Will be staying in Honolulu for a couple nights.

Arriving mid morning from a long haul & will need a room right away.

Our experience has always been in the past, that they do not allow check in until 3 pm.

Does anybody know of a hotel which allows early check in?

Thanks

you may want to ask directly om the specific Hawaii board for recommendations.

We've been doing several road trips in California the past year and some hotels let us check in an hr or two early, but sometimes we had to wait as there wasn't a room ready for us.

Any hotel will allow an early check in if the room is ready, that is, vacant and able to receive new guests. There's the catch. Honolulu is a popular destination, with high hotel occupancy rates.

What I have done in a similar situation is book the room for the night before, therefore I'm already paying for it, and it's ready for me when I arrive. That may not be the answer you want to hear, though, as it involves paying for an extra night. For me, it's worth it, as I'm not then hanging around a hotel lobby exhausted and travel-stained.

Good luck to you. You might want to check with hotels in Honolulu that you are considering. I've read that some might "rush" housekeeping in a room for you, if you are willing to pay a fee. Other hotels might have a "hospitality" room for you to use until your room is ready. Some hotel chains have a "gold" level or "concierge" level room with a dedicated lounge where you can at least enjoy some refreshments while you wait. I have found my method above, booking the extra night, to be the one that is the most reliable.

Edited by Old As Dirt Mom

Best money I have ever spent was to pay for the night before when we flew to Tahiti. Same distance as Honolulu. Exhausted when we landed, we got to the hotel and while they told everyone else they would have to wait until 3:00 for a room, they handed us our keys and within 20 minutes we were sound asleep. Got up a couple hours later and showered, then had brunch. As we walked through the lobby we noticed many tired, cranky and rather ripe people who had been driven inside by the rain and had no place to sit and no where to go and looked just flat out miserable. That is not how I would want to start a vacation.

It is important to call the hotel and let them know in no uncertain terms that you will not be a no show, that your flight arrives early in the morning and you will be checking in then.