Hapag-Lloyd Europa

English Voyager

Thanks Surfklutz. Are you sure you don't work for them? ;)

I actually did include them in my searches for cruises this year, both for the one I'm taking with hubby, and the one I'm taking with Mom. They didn't have any itineraries that appealed to me, for this year at least. And while they may be a good line for hubby and me, I've more or less ruled them out for the cruises with Mom -- not enough activities and/or entertainment. When we travel together, we need a little more diversion than when I travel with hubby. So far, Radisson seems to fit the bill best for our Mom-and-me cruises.

As for hubby, I'm not sure I could get him on one either. The primary reason he's willing to do Windstar is because of its sails! He would much rather do Windjammer, but that's going just a tad too far on the casual scale for me. So Windstar appears to be the only suitable compromise for us.

But I'm always searching for the next adventure, so you never know where I may end up. :)

LeeAnne

Work for them???? That would be my DREAM job!

Leeann, I have to say having sailed both Europa and SeaDream I'd agree with Surfklutz...the latter may be more up your alley. I loved it -- so much so that next time I cruise "on vacation" it'd be the one I'd pick. I rate it right up with Europa (unlike Doug Ward) but then again I'm more into flexibility and easy going....

Also loved the poster who shared his strategy for warming up to folks -- definitely on a German ship that's the way to work it, LOL.

Carolyn

I'll be looking for you on our next cruise on SeaDream! I do want to try Europa. I do have a question...I toured her when she was in Florida just passing through - and people were smoking everywhere. Did you find the smoke to be a problem?

Archived